My Full Heart

Thursday, June 21, 2007 17 Comments A+ a-

The back of my head was resting against the headrest, my fingers comfortably intertwined with Jon’s. A breeze was drifting from the open windows in the car and country music was playing on the radio. My eyes were closed, and a smile was playing at my lips. Jon looked over and squeezed my hand. “Whatcha thinking about?” he wondered.

I looked in the backseat. Devyn was sleeping soundly; her pacifier nearly falling out of her mouth, her cheeks were rosy from the heat, her curls damp against her forehead. I couldn’t see Hudson but I could hear him murmuring and talking to himself in his car seat. I could picture Hudson playing with the car seat straps, gnawing on them, as he entertained himself.

I turned back around, smiled at my husband, brought our joined hands to my mouth, kissed his knuckles, and settled deeper into my seat. “My heart is full,” I answered.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

17 comments

Write comments
9:03 AM delete

So true, so true! I've had the exact same feeling at times :)

Reply
avatar
Connie Barris
AUTHOR
9:16 AM delete

Such a gift from the Papa....

such love....

ps.. I sent you my home email for the html... thanks again

Reply
avatar
HappyMama
AUTHOR
11:18 AM delete

I know the feeling!

Reply
avatar
aggiejenn
AUTHOR
11:30 AM delete

These are good times, aren't they? Enjoy all your blessings today.

Reply
avatar
Aleah
AUTHOR
12:08 PM delete

I've been reading your blog for awhile so I thought I'd finally comment...
I love this post, how you wrote it and I know exactly what you're talking about. A full heart is great isn't it? : )

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
12:52 PM delete

Yes! Isn't it wonderful to know that those you love most are right next to you? I had that happen last night, at a baseball game of all places:)

And the music makes it even better!

love you, Amy

Reply
avatar
Stacey
AUTHOR
1:43 PM delete

Amen. What a treasure-trove we have in our vocations! The fullness, the richness. Who could want for more????

Reply
avatar
Melanie
AUTHOR
2:28 PM delete

Oh, you are so right. There's just nothin' better, is there?

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
5:00 PM delete

It's nice to see you savoring such precious moments!

Thanks for sharing!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
5:57 PM delete

I got chills reading this. Such wonderful times (especially when they're quite in the car1!).

Reply
avatar
Deidre
AUTHOR
8:56 PM delete

Great feeling. This post reminds me of the verse "But I have all, and abound: I am full" Phil 4:18

I love your blog!

Reply
avatar
dareth
AUTHOR
11:17 PM delete

A great post!


ps...you can drive with your windows open? I am jealous. I am melting with the ac full blast.

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
6:16 AM delete

Oh what a special picture of a happy family. You are truly blessed!
Joy

Reply
avatar
Alycia
AUTHOR
7:10 AM delete

Such a true and beautiful sentiment!! You are truly blessed with a beautiful family! I am enjoying my time at your blog and by reading your posts! Have a wonderful weekend!
Alycia

Reply
avatar
Kati
AUTHOR
11:35 AM delete

What a sweet and uplifting post! I love the "full heart" feeling, there is nothing better!

Reply
avatar
11:17 PM delete

That, my friend, is the best feeling in the world. I am so blessed to know it well.

*sigh of contentment*

Lindsey :)

Reply
avatar
Rosemarie
AUTHOR
10:06 PM delete

This is wonderful and inspiring to every mother. Our usual days are filled with business and stuff, but these are the moments when God smiles upon us and gives us a glimpse of what Heaven must feel like.

Thanks for the blessing! This is certainly a feature on my sidebar.

Heavenly Voice

Reply
avatar