I Surrender All

Sunday, June 10, 2007 3 Comments A+ a-

There are Sundays when the Holy Spirit is so evident in the congregation. Its the days when worship really speak to me. It's the days you can feel the emotion being poured into the words and the heartfelt reaction from those around me. Today was such a day and what a blessing it was; I'm so thankful that I was able to hear His whispers today. I am SO blessed!


I’m giving you my heart, and all that is within
I lay it all down for the sake of you my King
I’m giving you my dreams; I’m laying down my rights
I’m giving up my pride for the promise of new life


“God, here is my son, your gift to me. How can I not lay him at your feet, for you gave your son’s life for me.”

And I surrender all to you, all to you
And I surrender all to you, all to you


“Here is my daughter, flesh of my flesh. I surrender her to you.”

I’m singing you this song, I’m waiting at the cross
And all the world holds dear, I count it all as loss
For the sake of knowing You, for the glory of Your name
To know the lasting joy, even sharing in your pain


“Here is my husband, the one who joined me to become one. He is not mine, but yours.”

And I surrender all to you, all to you
And I surrender all to you, all to you


“Oh Abba, here they are, the ones I hold dearest to my heart. They are not mine; for you’ve given them to me for a mere moment in time. I lay them at your feet, for even as much as I love them, You, Father, are first in my life. I am blessed to be called the daughter of a King; I praise your glorious name. I sit here, at Your feet, basking in the wonders of who you are and that I should be called yours. Help me to remember that my riches are not here on earth, but in Heaven with you. I surrender all to you. Amen.”

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Susie
AUTHOR
5:55 PM delete

I just love those Spirit-filled Sundays! It does so much to refresh the soul. Glad to hear you experienced that today.

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
7:19 PM delete

BEAUTIFULLY said!!

That prayer seems so fitting for me today because we had Colton dedicated today. So thank you for sharing!

Reply
avatar
Rachelle
AUTHOR
6:42 AM delete

Beautiful prayers... and isn't it amazing how peace can fill your heart at times like this, when you know you're doing exactly what God asks of you? Even the hardest things? But how wonderful to know we can surrender EVERYTHING to Him... and trust Him with all of it. Thanks for sharing your spirit-filled Sunday.

Reply
avatar