Here Fishy, Fishy, Fishy

Sunday, June 17, 2007 16 Comments A+ a-

Here is the man, the father of my children, who says its never too hot, cold, or windy to go fishing. Guess what we did for Father's Day?!

Devyn and Hudson in the sun-tent we brought along with us to cool off in the 90-degree weather.
Devyn reeling in on her fishing pole. "Here fishy, fishy, fishy," were the words uttered from our precious two-year-old.
Hudson spent most of the time sleeping in the sun-tent.
One of my favorite pictures of the day; it says so much about Jon and Devyn's relationship. She adores her father and it shows in every interaction and touch!

Devyn's very-first fish. It was such a joy to watch her face as she reeled it in. You can see the pride and joy on Jon's face. He said that this was the best Father's Day present he could have gotten.
Happy Father's Day, my love! Our children are so lucky and blessed to have you as their daddy.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

16 comments

Write comments
8:32 PM delete

That last picture of Jon and Devyn is just precious! What a fun day you all must have had :)

Reply
avatar
Kati
AUTHOR
8:49 PM delete

There's nothin' like fishing with daddy!!! The pictures are too precious!

Reply
avatar
Liz
AUTHOR
9:49 PM delete

Oh, what sweet pictures! I remember fishing with my dad as a little girl...those are some great memories!

Reply
avatar
Stephanie
AUTHOR
9:40 AM delete

How cute!!!! I love the picture of Devyn with her hand on Jon's shoulder.
I can't wait for Jason and I to celebrate Mother's/Father's Day!!!!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
9:46 AM delete

Thank you for sharing such a special day with us!!

Happy Father's Day Jon...we love and miss you.

Hugs
Colleen

Reply
avatar
dana
AUTHOR
12:30 PM delete

what an awesome day for you all! I can only imagine how truly stoked he was when she caught her fish! :)

Reply
avatar
Wendy
AUTHOR
1:53 PM delete

How fun! What a great day and to make it even better, Devyn catching that fish - awesome!

I read your comment about bikes. Yes, you have to get them! You won't regret it. We bought an In Step bike trailer (also works as a jogging stroller) that fits 2 kids and hooks to a bike. I think we bought it at Target.com. Burley is one of the best brands, but costs a lot more. We have gotten so much use out of it and our kids love it too! Your kids would be the perfect ages to pull behind you. You could always check ebay for something used too?! Or, craigslist?!

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
2:49 PM delete

Cool pictures!

It looks like you guys had an awesome time!

As always, your children are precious!

love, Amy

Reply
avatar
blackpurl
AUTHOR
3:30 PM delete

I love your photos! Looks like everyone had a great time!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
6:21 PM delete

What treasured pictures! I love seeing daddies with their children. It's one of the most beautiful sights!

Reply
avatar
Jennisa
AUTHOR
8:55 PM delete

What a fun way to spend father's day! Devyn sure looks like she likes that fish!

Reply
avatar
Alycia
AUTHOR
11:23 PM delete

Just linking through from Christines's today :) So happy I did ~ your pictures are so sweet ~ I just love them!! I also love the Tim McGraw song "Daddy's Little Girl". My husband always plays this song :) Have a wonderful day!

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
12:01 AM delete

What wonderful memories!!
It looks like you all had a great day!
Blessings,
Joy

Reply
avatar
5:05 AM delete

Hi! I found your link through Joy and just wanted to let you know I'm hosting a Blog-Style Baby Shower for her and her boys. Stop by my blog if you're interested in participating!
Have a great day!
Monica

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
1:18 PM delete

Wow, those are amazing pictures. So glad you guys enjoyed your Father's Day!

Reply
avatar
HappyMama
AUTHOR
11:20 AM delete

I just love that Devyn caught her first fish with a Barbie fishing pole. Looks like you all had a great day. I love the pictures - Devyn's hair is really getting longer, huh?

Reply
avatar