Quick Update

Thursday, May 10, 2007 7 Comments A+ a-

Thank you, dear, sweet, family and friends. I have never felt prayers more physically than I did today. Your thoughts, words, and prayers were like a covering over my head, a balm to my open wound, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

This morning when I bent over Hudson’s head and his baby scent filled my senses, the tears started streaming again. How could I leave this sweet, innocent babe? I wanted so badly to pick him up and soak in every moment of his infancy. I worried so much about Devyn’s adjustment to my return to work. I wanted to continue our days of playing with sidewalk chalk and scaling the highest playground equipment.

When I got into the car, my friend Mandy called to check on me. She listened patiently as I unloaded my fears, worries, and tears on her. She offered encouragement and support. She heard the pain in my voice and tried to ease it. When we hung up, the tears wouldn’t stop. I was listening to a Beth Moore bible study on CD and on it Beth said, “God has brought you to this moment, right now. He knows your burden and wants to carry it for you.” Ahhhhh… Sweeter words were never spoken!

The day passed uneventfully. I called numerous times to check on the children; after a ten-minute meltdown Devyn was doing fine and only asked for me intermittently. Hudson was adjusting to expressed breast milk in a bottle. And I was at peace. I never, never want to forget these feelings of loss; I always want to remember these feelings so that I do not grow immune to spending time apart from my children. And I will continue working towards my goal of working part-time. But the day went far better because God eased my burden.

Even now, I sit with my son sleeping on my chest, in front of the computer and all is right in my world. Thank you, dear friends, for your support, encouragement, and your prayers!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
Amy
AUTHOR
11:16 PM delete

I've been checking back here all day to see how it went. God answers prayers! I'm so glad that things went well. I love your line about not wanting to grow immune to spending time away from your children...you are so wise! Continued prayers for you, my friend! love, Amy

Reply
avatar
dareth
AUTHOR
1:12 AM delete

I, too, have been watching for a post. I am so glad it went well.

I love, love, love Beth Moore. I have done 4 of her bible studies and they speak to me every time.

Praise God for lifted burdens!!
Love you.

We will be there in 5 days...yeah!

Reply
avatar
Jennisa
AUTHOR
7:19 AM delete

Thanks for the update! I'm glad you felt our prayers all day long!

Reply
avatar
9:24 AM delete

I'm so glad the first day went well for you, and you were able to get through it!

We will continue to pray with you for that part-time job to work out...

Continue to find His strength!

Reply
avatar
aggiejenn
AUTHOR
11:06 AM delete

I'm so glad your day went well. Praise God! (I love the new pictures in your sidebar!)

Reply
avatar
The Artist
AUTHOR
3:49 PM delete

Yay! You made it! Woo-hoo! I'm so glad everything went so well! I was thinking about you!

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
9:16 PM delete

Although I have not been able to check in much, you are on my prayer list, and your name has been uttered many times in my conversations with the Father. I'm so grateful to hear that you are doing well, and again, you are so blessed to have *family* taking care of your precious ones! (((Jenn)))

Reply
avatar