A Little Meme

Friday, May 04, 2007 5 Comments A+ a-

I was tagged by Jennisa to complete this fun, little meme. Thanks Jennisa, it was fun getting to learn some facts about you!

Here are the rules:

  • Each player starts with seven random facts/habits about themselves.
  • People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules.
  • You need to choose up to seven people to get tagged and list their names.
  1. I am the oldest of four girls, yes four girls. And as such, I tend to be bossy and opinionated. I feel like I know what’s best for my sisters and often have to be told to “knock it off”. I think I’m making huge strides in letting my sisters live their own lives but only they could tell you whether that’s true or not.
  2. I am not a girly-girl. Yes, I enjoy looking nice and I’ll wear some make-up (usually some cover-up for the bags and eye color) but I do not do anything with my nails or accessories, such as earrings, bracelets, or necklaces. Much to my sisters and mom’s chagrin!
  3. My husband and I first met on a plane trip to Guatemala when I was 16 years old and he was 15 years old. We were going on a mission trip with our respective churches. I’ll never forget the way he teased me about it being my first flight ever, or his dazzling smile!
  4. I am a spender… no surprise there. Whenever I’m feeling stressed-out or low, a quick trip to Walmart, Target, or window shopping of any kind, usually does the trick. It’s amazing how therapeutic a few hours of wandering the stores can be.
  5. Jon is the decorator in our family. I would love to say that I know just how to make a house feel comfortable and homey, and while I do put in my two cents, it is Jon who comes up with all of the decorating ideas. He is very good, so why mess with a good thing?!
  6. I am a laid-back mom. As far as I’m concerned, if they aren’t getting hurt or hurting something or someone in the process, who cares. I often wonder if my laid-back attitude is going to be detrimental to my children’s upbringing. My mom is very concerned that I’m not more diligent in my parenting.
  7. I try so hard to be a woman of God, but often come up short. I’m not sure if I don’t meet my own expectations or God’s. But I constantly have to remind myself that God’s grace is new every morning!

Now, I’m going to tag Erin, Christine, Kathryn, Jenn, Susie, Paula, and Jaime.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
Amy
AUTHOR
10:02 PM delete

Not a girly-girl either. All the women in our family are always trying to get me to do more with myself. I just do the basics! Anyway, I love your list and learning even more about you!

Oh, and the weekly trip to Target/Walmart totally does the trick for me too!

Reply
avatar
Wendy
AUTHOR
6:24 AM delete

Ditto to #1,2,4 here.

Reply
avatar
Dana
AUTHOR
9:10 AM delete

I only have the two younger sisters, but I totally hear you on #1! I may be opinionated, but if I'm generally right what's the harm?! haha! I too am making strides in letting her live her own life (although I think the 2,000 miles separation helps!)

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
1:47 PM delete

I would love to get together with you and compare notes, one laid back mom to another! My mom always knows someone who knows someone who's kids had such and such happen to them when they did (fill-in-the-blank). It drives me nuts! And it drives her nuts that I'm not more "worried" about things. Thanks for the tag. My sis also tagged me so I can kill 2 birds with one stone. I'll work on it tomorrow.

Reply
avatar
5:14 PM delete

Hey! You met Jon on a mission trip? At 16 (don't tell my daughter!!)?? Wow! I am laid back, too - to a point. Then I get fed up and put my foot down! I think you're doing a great job following God - only if you thought you were doing great at it would I worry!! Thanks for the tag! Love that sweet picture of Hudson in the sidebar!

Reply
avatar