House Progress

Friday, May 25, 2007 10 Comments A+ a-

It's been a while since we've posted pictures on the progress of our house. For weeks, it seemed as though there was nothing to report, same 'ol, same 'ol. But within the past two weeks, things have really started moving! Jon literally visits the house about 4-5 times a week; sometimes going a few days in a row. [Can't blame the guy, I know he's itching to be out of my parents' basement!] Devyn has even picked up on our excitement and has started asking to see the house on her own; she'll even cry, "house, house" as we pull up to the site. It's exciting to watch the progress and daydream about the day that we'll move our things in.
The foundation has been laid. Let the building begin!


The basement floor has been poured; you can see Devyn and my dad (Papa) in the background standing on the three-car garage that has also been poured.

The floor joists have been put into place!

We have walls; we can literally walk inside the house and envision what our house is going to look like!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

10 comments

Write comments
Rachel
AUTHOR
7:05 AM delete

That's got to be exciting! I look forward to seeing the finished product.

~~Rachel
www.nothinggold.net

Reply
avatar
Jennisa
AUTHOR
8:37 AM delete

How exciting! Building a house much be such a fun experience!

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
10:43 AM delete

Ooooh, so exciting. Can't wait to see it all done.

The hotel in September looks
W O N D E R F U L!!

Reply
avatar
1:33 PM delete

I'm so excited for you guys! It'll be great when you can show us the finished product :)

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
2:57 PM delete

I bet you'll love being in your house so much that you won't want to go on your vacation:) Home is so good...

Looks beautiful and I am so excited for you! love, Amy

Reply
avatar
The Artist
AUTHOR
3:05 PM delete

I know you must be excited! Congrats and can't wait to see the finishe product!

Reply
avatar
Amanda
AUTHOR
4:46 PM delete

the construction here in texas is so diff. i love seeing what it looks like there and jealous that y'all have basements! no basements in the south!

Reply
avatar
2:14 AM delete

We don't have basements in Australia either; I have no idea about Jakarta!

You must be so excited. It will be so nice to look back on these photos in years to come to see all your plans coming together so well.

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
3:20 PM delete

That's so exciting! It won't be long now!

Reply
avatar
5:41 PM delete

CONGRATS! I just stumbled upon your blog and read your posts about the new house. I totally understand your excitement and mass picture taking! My hubby and I are in a similar stage...living in my MILs house, found a place we could actually afford, and getting to watch it being built from the ground up! I have owned a place before but for some reason it's just different when the house is being built FOR YOU! Being the first owner and choosing all the options makes a difference somehow, really makes the place YOURS. My hubby visits at least twice a week and the kids and I make the trip out there every weekend just about!

Good luck with the new place and CONGRATS AGAIN!

Reply
avatar