His First Concert

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 12 Comments A+ a-

Mommy and Hudson's first date; the first of many I'm sure!
My sister, Christine, almost died when she found out Martina McBride was coming to concert. She begged all of us to join her for a night out but none of us could afford the $65 tickets. So when a coworker was selling her two tickets for only $50, $25 a piece, I jumped on it! Christine and I are SO glad that we got the opportunity to attend this concert.
Martina McBride gives an outstanding concert! She seriously has one of the best voices I've ever heard; she brought the crowd to a standing ovation three times! It was incredble!
Little Big Town is fast becoming one of my favorite artists... EVER! While Martina put on a terrific concernt, I really think this four-person group were the better entertainers. The blond woman in this group, I forget her name, is 7 months pregnant and I swear she is the cutest pregnant woman I've ever seen.
Rodney Aldean also opened for Martina and did a fantastic job. He sings a single called "My Little Buckaroo" which is a great reminder that little ears are listening and little eyes are watching. My husband just loves this song!
Aunt Christine and Hudson. Proof that another child of mine has more of her genes than my own; Hudson definitely has Aunt Christine's luminious lips.
Despite the loud music and constant cheering, Hudson even managed to sleep through some of it. When he wasn't sleeping, he was entranced by the moving lights. I swear, he must have thought he was on drugs... or something!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

12 comments

Write comments
Stacey
AUTHOR
6:50 PM delete

You are seriously soo cute! I cannot believe you took him with you! I love it!!! You make me so proud and SO want another baby all at the same time!
oh, and we LOVE littlebigtown too! They have great harmonies and fun, fun music!

Watching You (that's the name of the buckeroo song - incase you were looking for it!) is SUCH a good reminder - and it makes me tear up too!!

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
8:31 PM delete

How much fun!!!!!!!!!! I love all of those entertainers. Little Buckaroo is one of my very favorite songs. I cry EVERYTIME I hear when I think of my little man.

I am glad for your "date" and family time.

Reply
avatar
Amanda
AUTHOR
10:06 PM delete

so jealous!!!!!!

he is precious!!!!!!!

Reply
avatar
Rachel
AUTHOR
10:35 PM delete

How sweet!

~~Rachel
www.nothinggold.net

Reply
avatar
Alycia
AUTHOR
3:54 AM delete

Looks like you had a GREAT time!!! I bet it was so much fun! Your baby boy is adorable ~ I just love that last picture especially! Have a great day!

Reply
avatar
Dana
AUTHOR
8:43 AM delete

Seriously, Rodney Adkins CD is one of my favorites... it was on repeat in my car for well over a month! I'm so pumped you and Chris had the chance to have a girls (and Hudson) night! FUN!

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
9:28 AM delete

How fun! We need a new sound system for our house, all we have right now is a dinky little purple boombox! I'd have music on all day if I could, love those artists.
Sarah

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
9:28 AM delete

How fun! We need a new sound system for our house, all we have right now is a dinky little purple boombox! I'd have music on all day if I could, love those artists.
Sarah

Reply
avatar
1:53 PM delete

Wow! I can't believe he actually slept through some of it! That's very impressive! You must have had such a good time taking him with you! I've never been that brave with either of mine..

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
2:13 PM delete

Isn't it amazing what babies sleep through? I so wish I could sleep like that, instead of waking to every odd sound that my children make.

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
2:20 PM delete

Ooohhh, so jealous! I love those artists, especially Martina! And what fun to go with your sister and little man. Wow...they really do look alike!

And by the way...the tae bo? It was a very, very modified version. I barely moved-- but I put in a good effort:)

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
5:54 PM delete

What a great sister - gettin' tickets for her! It looks like you had lots of fun - and I see what you're saying about the lips! Wow! :)

Reply
avatar