Thinking Blog Awards

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 6 Comments A+ a-


Susie from SusiePie nominated me for the Thinking Blogger Award that's making its way around the blogosphere. Wow! As I told Susie, I never thought I'd be nominated for the award, especially by someone whose own blog and talent I so greatly admire! And quite frankly, I'm not sure I even post thought-provoking entries; they're mostly just tidbits and stories from my life, with a few of my life lessons thrown in at random. Regardless, thank you Susie, for the nomination. It made my day!

So, because I have been nominated, I must proceed with the rules of the awards, which are:


1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.

3. Optional: Proudly display the "Thinking Blogger Award" with a link to the post that you wrote.


How can I possibly narrow the list down to five when there are so MANY blogs that touch me in some way?! Regardless, here goes nothing.

1. Amy from Amy, Oh My - I came across Amy's blog at the very beginning of my second pregnancy and, to my delight, found another young mom just embarking on her second pregnancy too. In fact, our sons are born only 8 days apart!! It has been a treasure to swap stories, life lessons, and thoughts with each other. I feel like I've found a friend to embark on this motherhood journey together. She is such a sweet, lovely woman who is extremely devoted to her sons and whom I was so lucky to find.

2. Elise from A Path Made Straight - Elise's blog is incredibly thought provoking and loving at the same time. I am amazed at the pearls of wisdom I've found in her posts and am constantly amazed at how she manages to impart God's words through her wonderful stories! I love that when God talks to her, He uses the word Beloved. It's such a great reminder that we are truly God's beloved!

3. Katherine from Raising Five - Here is a woman raising five children, ranging in age from toddlerhood to teenagers. I found her through Susie's blog design gallery and feel like I've found a mentor of sorts in Katherine. I truly admire her mothering skills, her take on life, and how she's leaving a legacy for her children. I love that I can visit her site, find some incredible parenting advice, and store it away for future use! She has been encouraging during some of my struggles and I just love her "realness".

4. Erin from Embracing My Cup - I also found Erin through Susie's blog design gallery and have enjoyed her openness and willingness to share what's on her heart and her love to serve God, her husband, and her boys. When I found out that I was having a boy, I was at a loss at how to raise a son. Erin's posts have given me insight in how to love a little boy and how to raise him to be a "man after God's own heart". Some of Erin's posts have touched my heart and brought me to tears.

5. Christine from Fruits in Season - I don't remember how I found Christine's blog but I am SO glad that I did. Christine is currently doing a weekly post on marriage and I find it inspiring. She's written many posts about how to be a better wife and I, for one, can use all the help and advice I can get! I feel there's a lot of wisdom and love in her words; she gently reminds us to be the godly wives that we've been called to be.

As I said earlier, there are so many blogs that I read on a daily, weekly basis that teach me new things about motherhood, being a wife, and growing closer to God. I had such a hard time choosing!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
Amy
AUTHOR
8:08 AM delete

Gosh, Jenn...you made me cry:) What sweet, sweet words--and you know the feelings are mutual! This is such an honor and I will get on it ASAP! love, Amy

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
8:34 AM delete

Wow, thanks!! That's such an honor! I think I found you first through Elise and I feel like I've found a kindred spirit. Blessings to your beautiful family.

Reply
avatar
3:00 PM delete

Thank you, Jenn! I so appreciate you and your tender heart. You´ve made me think, too - for almost a year now! Hard to believe, isn´t it?

(I didn´t know you found me through Susie. I´ll have to tell her thank you!)

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
4:32 PM delete

Wow Jen, I love each of these blogs, thanks for highlighting them and letting me in on their inspired thoughts and humility. I can't wait to keep up with each of them and soak up their wisdom and encouragement! God is so good, the way He speaks to us through others life journey's and insights. I love you! Can't wait for our lunch/play date on Thursday.
Always, Sarah

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
5:51 PM delete

Jenn! Thank you for the very kind words - I love how we can all be an encouragement to each other! I find just as much peace when I come to your place - keep it up!

Reply
avatar
7:25 PM delete

Congratulations on the thinking blogger award, it is well deserved.
I always feel calm, relaxed and spiritually aware after visiting your blog.
Oh and I like getting a "fix" form cute baby addiction, I so love babies........

Reply
avatar