Spouse-ology

Sunday, April 01, 2007 11 Comments A+ a-

We had a fun time last night!! My mom bought this game from Family Life titled Spous-ology and she invited all the sisters, husbands, and boyfriends over for a rowdy night of game-playing. There were five couples in all; Mom and Dad, Christine and Caleb, Allison and Drew, Courtney and Jeremy, and Jon and I. Now granted, neither Courtney nor Allison is married, but we figured they could play with their boyfriends.

I’ll give you a quick rundown of the game, its very similar to the Newlywed Game that’s shown on TV. First the girls are given a question, such as: “If your husband were to call you a fruit, what would fruit would it be?” And then you’re given a multiple-choice answer:

a) A kiwi – because you’re unusual and unique
b) A peach – because you’re soft and sweet
c) A cherry – because you’re delicious but tart
d) An apple – because you’re simply a classic

Each wife holds an A, B, C, and D card, as does the husband. The wife selects the corresponding letter that she thinks her husband would answer; and the husband selects the same. Then each holds out the card and if they’re answers match, they win a point. And then the process is repeated by the guys!


Questions cover subjects such as romance, stress, house and family, and finances. There are extra credit points and penalties to be paid. Needless to say, we had a riot!! And now for the winners…

Yes, that’s right. One of the unmarried couples, Courtney and Jeremy, took home the $25 gift certificate to a local restaurant. But in my defense, there was a tie-breaker and Jon and I lost in the lightening round. I can’t believe Jon thinks it would ONLY take me an hour to get ready for a formal evening out. Nice try, Jon! At least we got the fruit-question right. Love, The Cherry

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

11 comments

Write comments
Amy
AUTHOR
2:06 PM delete

How fun...and what a great idea! I'm sure you'll win next time. Courtney and Jeremy are sure a cute couple!

Reply
avatar
Jennisa
AUTHOR
3:16 PM delete

Looks like a blast! I will have to check out that game! I'm always looking for another fun game to play with friends!

Reply
avatar
dana
AUTHOR
4:10 PM delete

that's awesome--my parents got us the newlyweds game for christmas and we played with another couple, it was one of the most fun (and funniest) nights we'd had in awhile! that's awesome you all got to do it together!! :)

Reply
avatar
erin
AUTHOR
4:30 PM delete

Sounds like so much fun!! I may just have to buy that game!! I asked Erik the fruit question, and we guessed the same. I'm a peach! Fun!

Reply
avatar
dareth
AUTHOR
12:02 AM delete

Fun!!
Jon just knows as a mom of 2, you've got skills! Therefore, he is confident that you could get ready for a formal event in less than an hour with no interruptions ;o)

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
7:30 AM delete

It sounds like so much fun! I love how you and Jon wore matching colors - united unto the end, yes? :)
I may look into this game for a rousing evening with my married brothers!

Reply
avatar
aggiejenn
AUTHOR
4:10 PM delete

I've never heard of that game, but it sounds like a great one for family and friend get-togethers!

Reply
avatar
The Artist
AUTHOR
8:52 PM delete

OOOOO How fun! I need to get that game. Glad you got a chance to have a fun time with other adults! I'm sure it was a relief from your 'mom' duties!

Have a blessed week, my friend.

Reply
avatar
Stacey
AUTHOR
2:15 PM delete

Oooh, that sounds like such a fun game! I will keep it in mind for future couples nights!!

And too funny - you sound competitive like me! (In a fun-loving sort of way!!)

Lol!!

Reply
avatar
Kim
AUTHOR
9:38 AM delete

This game is great fun! My siblings and my parents and their spouses all played this last summer when everyone was down for our daughter's wedding. Of course, my husband and I won - maybe because we've been married longer than anyone else who was playing!

Reply
avatar
9:15 PM delete

We just played and enjoyed it but lost the rules to the game somewhere along the line. How do you play the extra credit cards and how do you earn bonus points? Any chance you could email me the rules or post them here?
Thank you!

Reply
avatar