Best of Friends

Saturday, April 14, 2007 11 Comments A+ a-

Emma belongs to Sarah, Addison belongs to Cassie, and Devyn belongs to me. When Devyn was born, Addie was 15 months old and Emma was four months old. Finally, I had joined their mommy club!

Sarah and I have been friends since 2nd grade, when our mother thrust us together and told us, "You will be friends". We walked to school together, played 'Little House on the Prairie' together, had numerous slumber parties, and I even endured my first bee-sting at her house. I was incredibly sad when she moved about a half-hour north during 5th grade.

Sarah and Cassie became friends in 7th grade, when they started attending junior high together. I'd met Cassie a couple of times at a few of Sarah's birthday parties, but didn't become good friends until we were both bridesmaids in Sarah's wedding... almost four years ago. Cassie was eight months pregnant for Sarah's wedding and I was intrigued by this thing called pregnancy.

Now four years later, there are six children between the three of us. Chloe, Elijah, and Hudson are the second round of children, all born within six months of each other. I consider myself incredibly lucky to be sharing this journey with two wonderful women and their children. I love having play-dates together; I enjoy our heart-to-heart talks; and I'm thankful for the ways they encourage me to be a better wife, mother, and child of God. I hope, and pray, that our children will be the same to each other.

Addison - 16 months old; Devyn - 4 weeks old.

Emma - 18 months; Addison - 2 1/2 years; Devyn - 14 months.

Emma - 2 1/2 years; Addison - 3 1/2 years; Devyn - 2 1/2 years.

The girls all wanted to pray before we ate lunch!


The Mommies - Sarah, Cassie, and I.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

11 comments

Write comments
Amy
AUTHOR
4:44 PM delete

It is so great that you can share this motherhood experience with some of your closest friends! I think that one of my favorite things to do is to watch Parker play with his friends and cousins. I bet it is so fun to watch the girls play!

Reply
avatar
6:33 PM delete

You girls look like great friends! I enjoy getting my little family together with my sister-in-laws and their kids. Between the three of us, there are five kids, and they have a blast :)

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
8:30 PM delete

Love how you put all the pics together, even the one of my gargantuan(sp?) belly is special since the three of us are in it. We'll definitely need more of these mommy dates, it was fun!
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
Jennisa
AUTHOR
8:31 PM delete

How nice it is to have a group of mommy friends that are all going through the same things! Your children are adorable!

Reply
avatar
Aunt Courtney
AUTHOR
1:54 AM delete

I forgot how much Devyn looked like a cabbage patch kid when she was 14 months. The girls are so adorbale together too!!

Reply
avatar
Aunt Courtney
AUTHOR
1:55 AM delete

I forgot how much Devyn looked like a cabbage patch kid when she was 14 months. The girls are so adorbale together too!!

Reply
avatar
Judi
AUTHOR
9:07 AM delete

You are very blessed to have these friends with children so close. It seems so rare.

Thanks for visiting me!

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
2:32 PM delete

What a blessed woman you are! Thanks for posting about your sweet friends!

Reply
avatar
12:23 AM delete

You are so fortunate to all have each others support. I love the photo of the girls praying together.

Reply
avatar
2:15 AM delete

What a lovely friendship...

:D Just like what I have with Adwina. Now we're enjoying our joined blog.

Reply
avatar
Katie
AUTHOR
5:10 AM delete

You are right! My husband actually took offense that I labeled "10 Things I Hate About You" as a mediocre teen movie... honestly - we own it (on VHS, no less) and have watched it enough to quote at will.
Your children are lovely (and so is your blog design!) - thanks for stopping by my little corner of blogdom! :)

Reply
avatar