1st Haircut

Saturday, March 03, 2007 9 Comments A+ a-

Yesterday Jon and I took Devyn in for her very first haircut. Devyn was blessed with these gorgeous, natural curls and my biggest fear was that they would be lost upon the first cut. (I know this is incredibly vain, but I can’t seem to help myself.) Anyway, I’ve noticed how straggly her hair was starting to look and her hair was starting to lose that curl, so I swallowed my pride and admitted it was time…

We took her to Cool Cuts 4 Kids, where they get to choose a movie to watch (she chose Cars, of course!) and sit in these fun seats during the cut. They even include a lock of the child’s hair and a picture of the first cut (see above). They only took an inch off, but it seems to have made all the difference in the world. Her curls are as bouncy as ever and it looks healthier too. I think I survived… Whew!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

9 comments

Write comments
Haley
AUTHOR
4:28 PM delete

Awww... how cute! What a good girl! Where is that place? I've cut Kaydence's hair before but we took her to just a plain old place a while ago. She really didnt care lol. But we got rid of her mullet!

Reply
avatar
Jason
AUTHOR
4:49 PM delete

My mom used to cut our hair all the time growing up...I'm sure if you had asked her politely she would have set Devyn up ;)

Reply
avatar
The Artist
AUTHOR
5:28 PM delete

She looks beautiful! Glad you survived! Hope things are going well with you and your family during this adjustment time.

Blessings, my friend!

Reply
avatar
erin
AUTHOR
8:45 PM delete

Cute! And, what a neat place to go to get your kids hair cut!! Fun! I love the picture of Devyn kissing Hudson! Siblings are so fun!

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
7:53 AM delete

She has great hair! I probably would have waited too! And what a cool experience for Devyn, especially with all the changes going on at home:)

Love, Amy

Reply
avatar
Dana
AUTHOR
2:07 PM delete

man, things have really progressed from when we were little! the picture of me getting my 1st hair cut is me crying and the lady looking a little too nervous to have those sharp scissors so close... yikes. love Devyn's curly hair, she's my kind of people!

Reply
avatar
Mamacita Tina
AUTHOR
2:47 PM delete

How cool is that? Ian screamed his head off the first couple times, we should have found a more kid friendly place.

Reply
avatar
Mercy's Maid
AUTHOR
3:25 PM delete

Wow, if they would have had cool kid hair cutting places like that when I was a kid, I probably wouldn't have cried so much when my mom took me to get my hair cut. I'm a little jealous. :)

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
3:14 PM delete

Oh, what a cute picture of Devyn at her first haircut.

I must confess, I cried when we got Snuggle Bug's hair cute on his 1st birthday. He had beautiful ringlet curls and I feared I'd never see them again if we cut his hair. Well, I was right. Now that my husband insists that his hair remain fairly short, I no longer see the curls, just wave. ((sigh))

I told Oronzo that if we're blessed to adopt a little girl, she's going to have hair down to her waist! :)

Reply
avatar