We're Home

Sunday, February 18, 2007 16 Comments A+ a-

Yes, we’re home. There are so many things and topics I want to write on but writing them in your head (at the 3:00am feeding) and actually getting to a computer to post them are two different matters. I already can tell my time is going to be limited during these next few weeks as we fall into a routine. Right now, Jon is handling both children like a pro and that has allowed me a few minutes online.

First of all, thank you ALL for your prayers! I know that was the driving force behind a fast, and pretty perfect, delivery. Last Wednesday we had our ultrasound and it showed that Hudson was weighing about 8 lbs, 6 ozs (which was quite frankly terrifying this 5 foot, 3 inch woman) and my induction had been set for Saturday morning. When I barely slept that night, I found myself begging God for mercy; I was just ready to be done. Contractions started about 2:00 and 2:30pm and lo and behold, Mr. Hudson was born a mere five and a half hours later, with only 3 pushes and no tears or episiotomy. I promise a more lengthy birth story at another time.

Everything seems to be going very well. Devyn has adjusted so easily, far beyond my greatest dreams. She loves her little brother and is such a great helper. Check out these beautiful photos below.


I’m going to end with what is fast becoming a favorite story to tell; one that left me feeling completely inept at mothering a little boy but hilarious all the same. I was changing one of Hudson’s first poopy diapers; Devyn was holding one of his hands by his head and Jon was holding the other hand. I had Hudson’s legs lifted, so they wouldn’t drag into the poop, thus making a bigger mess. All of sudden, everyone in the room started gasping and laughing. I looked up to find Hudson peeing all over his face; in his eyes, in his mouth, and in his hair. He even managed to spray both Devyn and Jon! In my panic, I picked him up to soothe him, as he was crying by now, but completely forgot about the poop-covered bottom. Needless to say, I was completely mortified, overwhelmed, and imept; nurses had to come help me clean up my bedding; and Hudson was given an impromptu bath in the sink. I’m sure this is just one story of many to come…

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

16 comments

Write comments
Haley
AUTHOR
1:15 PM delete

Devyn is the greatest big sister!! How wonderful! Any little girl that has her little brother pee on her and still love him lol deserves a big prize he he.

Reply
avatar
Mamacita Tina
AUTHOR
2:36 PM delete

Precious pictures!

Your story of Hudson made me laugh! We learned quickly to always cover up our son's little fire hose with a baby wipe.

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
3:48 PM delete

Welcome home! I'm so glad that everything went well and that you all are adjusting okay. I love the pictures and can't wait to hear more of your feelings about being a mama to a little boy. I wonder if it is really that different at this stage? Hmmm....Baby calls:) Much love to you and your family...Amy

Reply
avatar
4:57 PM delete

Dear Jenn

The photos are gorgeous.

I have lots of those "fire hose" stories, arn't little boys different!

On the bright side, when it comes time to potty train, little boy bits makes it much easier.

Reply
avatar
The Artist
AUTHOR
6:10 PM delete

Welcome home family!
So glad everything went well and you are home to rest and find that routine!

You're in my prayers. Cant' wait to hear more!

Reply
avatar
AndiMae
AUTHOR
9:49 PM delete

I am loving all the pictures! Especially the ones of Devyn and Hudson- so cute! Reading about and seeing pictures of you and Amy's new babies is making me so excited about my new little one...although I still have four more months...

Glad to hear that you guys are doing well!

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
9:34 AM delete

Welcome home family of FOUR! How does that sound? I hope you're settling in at your mom's now. I'd love to bring a meal, so let me know when might be good. I can't wait to spend some more time with you as mommies of two once you are ready for that. For now, just rest when you can and soak up this special time in your life.
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
Jill Davis
AUTHOR
2:54 PM delete

I am sooo excited for you!! I am glad that the delivery went well. I hope to meet this little man soon. I love you!

Reply
avatar
aggiejenn
AUTHOR
4:13 PM delete

ah, yes, the adventures of mothering a little boy!!

Welcome Home!!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
7:44 PM delete

Can your children be any more beautiful? I love you and I'm so proud of you. Watching you give birth made me realize what a superwoman you are. Thanks for the gift, you're such a good mom.

Reply
avatar
erin
AUTHOR
8:35 PM delete

Oh, how wonderful! Devyn looks so peaceful holding him! How precious they are together! Fun to think that they will grow up together!

And, the christening. . . It won't be the last! He will tinkle on himself and maybe even on you many times - if he is like my boys!! Enjoy! Savor each moment - they aren't newborns nearly long enough!!

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
9:47 AM delete

Oh my goodness! Hudson is a BEAUTIFUL baby boy! Congratulations to you and your family! I couldn't be happier for you.

Devyn looks so precious with her new baby brother. I hope Snuggle Bug is that good when we finally get around to providing him with a sibling.

I had to laugh at your Hudson peeing story. Don't feel too bad, it's happened to all of us.

I remember, during Snuggle Bug's early days, being mortified and dismayed when I attempted to change his diaper only to have him poop, pee, and spit up all at the same time. Talk about feeling inept! We moms all have those feelings from time to time, but we get through them and so shall you!

You're a great mom!

Reply
avatar
Amber L.
AUTHOR
1:57 PM delete

I was planning on warning you about the pee thing, but it looks like you already got your lesson. Always keep Mr. Winky covered while changing, unless you don't mind a shower. And about the poop thing, Tayden pulled his diaper off today and dumped the poop on the floor. He then proceded to step in it. Ahhh, the joys of parenthood. Cute pics. Devyn seams very pleased with her new role as big sister.
Amber

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
3:28 PM delete

Love those pictures! So sweet!!

And I'm laughing at the diaper change story. Boys are so interesting, eh? We quickly learned to keep a stack of cloth diapers handy for covering it up and avoiding the shower. Though, actually, our little girl had way more interesting effects with her diaper changes, but I'll spare you the details... :)

God bless you guys!

Reply
avatar
Jenn
AUTHOR
11:19 PM delete

Congratulations on your new baby boy. Looks like Devyn is adjusting wonderfully!

Oh how I love new babies. Hope you are getting some sleep.

Jenn

Reply
avatar
4:15 PM delete

Congratulations! He is beautiful (and BIG!). What a blessing. I am so happy for you.

Reply
avatar