The Waiting Game

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 8 Comments A+ a-

And the waiting game continues. Nope, no new baby to grace our family… yet! The contractions are still continuing and were pretty strong last night; two of the contractions actually brought me to my knees. But as soon as I started timing them, they stopped. Se la vie!

I have a doctor appointment late this afternoon and my doctor promised that she’d strip my membranes (where the amniotic sac is separated from the uterine wall) at this appointment. My fingers are crossed that this will be the final "push" I need to be sent into active labor. Better yet, I would LOVE to hear Dr. Susie say, “You know what? You’ve been patient for two weeks now, stuck at 4cm, let’s go ahead and admit you to the hospital!” A girl can dream, right?!

In the mean time, Devyn can definitely sense that something is happening. She is usually a very happy-go-lucky toddler, but seems to have developed a new aspect to her personality. We’re not sure if we’re being introduced to the “terrible” twos or if she’s aware that her world is about to change. We’re trying to work through some of the tantrum issues but are not always successful. I really hope that she’ll adjust quickly to being a big sister and having a baby in the house. We did get her a present from “Hudson” in the form of Berenstain Bear books and hopefully, that will help smooth the transition from only child to siblinghood.

So, nope, no news to share on this end; continued prayers for my attitude and my husband’s sanity would be greatly appreciated. In the mean time, my friend from Amy, Oh My, is having a c-section this morning (in fact, it’s probably already happened) and could use your prayers for a healthy baby and speedy recovery.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

8 comments

Write comments
The Artist
AUTHOR
12:52 PM delete

I keep checking your blog 3-4 times a day just to see if you've had that baby yet.

Hang in there! It'll be over soon and I can't wait to hear the stories of Mr. Hudson's grand entrance into this great big world!

Hugs my friend! I'm praying for you!

Reply
avatar
O Mama Mia
AUTHOR
2:01 PM delete

Girl! I thought for sure, I'd come her to see a guest post that you had that boy! Prayers, hun!
As for Miss Devyn & her "attitude", we've recently found a book that I'm in love with & we've seen great changes in her understandings. So anywho... its Sheperding a Child's Heart. Amazing. Period.
All the hugs & prayers in the world to ya hun!

Reply
avatar
Jill
AUTHOR
2:45 PM delete

I was thinking you surely had had that baby by now. I am thinking good thoughts (filled with babies!) for your appointment today!

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
3:34 PM delete

oooohhh, i feel for you. I will continue to pray for you and your family during this time.

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
6:30 PM delete

Oh, I hope Hudson comes very soon! And Devyn might need a bit of time to adjust to a new sibling, but she'll do just fine, I'm sure of it!

Thanks for stopping by to see my WFMW Valentine’s Day advice & ideas post. I do appreciate it!

I suspect you'll be celebrating Valentine's Day with your new little one. :)

Reply
avatar
1:07 AM delete

I am sending you speedy wishes and prayers. Can't wait to hear the news....

Reply
avatar
aggiejenn
AUTHOR
8:24 AM delete

I know you must be beside yourself with impatience, but it will be SOON! I just know it. I hope your appointment went well yesterday. Come on, Hudson...it's time to make your appearance!!!

Reply
avatar
Mamacita Tina
AUTHOR
5:50 AM delete

You've just made Hudson too comfortable. Boys, they never want to leave! Ha.

Reply
avatar