More details and pictures!

Friday, February 16, 2007 10 Comments A+ a-

After weeks of false labor and some slow progression, Jenn finally went into labor around 2:00pm yesterday. The contractions were strong, and after admission to the hospital at five centimeters, Hudson made his entrance a mere 4-5 hours later. She barely had time to get her epidural before Hudson was making his way out!
Here's the official rundown of his stats for those who may have missed them:
Time born: 7:47pm
Date born: February 15th, 2007
Weight: 7 pounds, 9 ounces
Height: 20 inches long
"So you're the little man I've been so anxious to meet!
Welcome my sweet baby boy, you were worth the wait!"

"I'm a big sister, I think I'll call him "mine"!"

When I visited the hospital today, Jenn told me that at one point today, after Devyn had already meet her new baby brother, she came back from lunch and Hudson wasn't in the room. She proceeded to look frantically for the bassinet and then started crying. It sounds like she's already in love!

Daddy's pride, his two precious little ones!

Even while testing his lungs with a wide open mouth, those beautiful lips just don't go away! I'm putting my claim down for match making with my Chloe early!

Isn't he beautiful!

After four daughters, finally, a GRANDson!
Jenn will be home from the hospital, probably by tomorrow afternoon, so feel free to contact her at her home email or make posts to this site for her to read.
Happily,
Friend Sarah

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

10 comments

Write comments
Wendy
AUTHOR
5:52 AM delete

What great pictures! Everyone looks so happy, especially Devyn! :)

Reply
avatar
Mamacita Tina
AUTHOR
6:55 AM delete

Precious! That first picture is amazing, of you looking at Hudson for the first time. Devyn is already a wonderful big sister. Love that picture of her kissing her baby brother. Oh happy days!

Reply
avatar
O Mama Mia
AUTHOR
8:43 AM delete

Breathtaking. Not too many words can describe these moments in life.
A million congratulations, family!

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
10:14 AM delete

WOW! Evryone looks so happy. Hudson is cute. Devyn looking for "her" baby was cute. I think she will be a big help. Rest when you can.

Reply
avatar
Haley
AUTHOR
4:05 PM delete

YAY YAY YAY!!! He was born on Hope's Birthday like I said... I'm good ;) I'm so jealous! I'm ready for another one! You guys are amazing and congratulations!!! I wanna see him! All our love!!

Reply
avatar
Lorena
AUTHOR
4:42 PM delete

I am so happy for you. What a relief! Annelise was 7lbs 9oz and 20 inches too. He must be a good one! That is one good looking little boy.

Reply
avatar
Amber L.
AUTHOR
4:43 PM delete

Congradulations Jon and Jennifer! What a handsome little boy you have. He certainly does have kissable lips. Tayden says welcome to the "stop kissing me so much" club. Hope you are feeling well Jenn and getting at least some sleep.
Amber

Reply
avatar
Jenn
AUTHOR
9:44 PM delete

Congratulation's Jenn! You must be so happy to have your little baby out in the world.

Jenn

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
10:28 AM delete

Congratulations Jon & Jenn!! We are so happy for you guys and thankful that everything went well. Devyn is just such a sweet heart...too cool. We can't wait to see you guys...hopefully in a week or so.
Take good care of yourselves and try to rest when you can.
Please give many hugs and kisses to both Devyn and Hudson.
Love you.
Colleen

Reply
avatar
Susie
AUTHOR
11:32 AM delete

Congratulations! What a sweet and wonderful family you guys and gals are! Can't wait to see more pictures. :)

Reply
avatar