iWon What?!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 3 Comments A+ a-

Last week I came home to a package waiting for me. I hadn’t ordered anything, so I just figured it was a gift from a well-meaning family or friend. I opened the first box and sitting inside was a brand-new, still packaged shiny, black iPod. I looked confusingly at Jon and asked if he knew anything about this. He shook his head no, and we tried to unravel the mystery.

The return address was no help; it was some shipping company. There was no invoice or notecard or giftcard attached. Could it be from a cousin who works as an Apple representative? After some calls to family members, it was clear that wasn’t the answer either. I was perplexed; I knew that I couldn’t keep this gift (very-wanted gift) without knowing who or why. Jon finally noticed a phone number listed below the return address and I gave them a call.

After explaining my dilemma, I was informed that the iPod was indeed mine to keep. I was shocked as the representative went on to explain that Kroger stores had been holding a sweepstakes and every time I used my value card at the store, I was entered into the sweepstakes and I won an iPod!! Me, the girl that never wins anything!! And the funny thing is, I rarely, if ever, shop at a Kroger store; I’ll pick up an item or two but that’s it. Maybe I should have run out and bought a lottery ticket that same day…

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Susie
AUTHOR
12:10 PM delete

Oh, that's so cool! I never win anything, either. Actually, I take that back. I won some very cheap fingernail polish online not too long ago. Woohoo! :)

Enjoy your new iPod!

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
7:17 PM delete

Very cool! What a nice surprise.

Reply
avatar
Dareth
AUTHOR
11:35 PM delete

Yeah for winning random prizes!!

Reply
avatar