Devyn Moments

Monday, February 12, 2007 10 Comments A+ a-

Moving on from baby stuff for a bit… [I have another doctor appointment this afternoon so I’m sure I’ll have a much better update tomorrow.]

*******************************************

I think I may have the most modest daughter in the world and I’m praying that it stays that way!

Currently, Devyn is extremely confused about what to call her belly. She knows where her belly-button is but still refers to her belly as “baby”. I’m sure my pregnancy has something to do with the mix-up.

However, she absolutely hates having her “baby” showing! Any time her shirt is pulled up, or has been caught on a zipper or coat and her belly is showing, she’ll cry, “baby” and start pulling her shirt back down. It makes her quite distraught!

And lately, I’ve taken to lying around our house with my belly showing, just to get the constricting shirts off and letting it breathe! However, it really bothers Devyn and she’ll come over to pull my shirt back down!! It cracks us up!

*******************************************

We have also come to the realization that our daughter loves to pray; over everything. It brings such a different meaning to having “faith like a child”, doesn’t it?! It doesn’t matter when, where, or why, the minute Devyn says “pray”, we pray. On our way to church yesterday, Devyn was jabbering away in the backseat when Devyn said, “I wanna pway.”

“Okay, munchkin, what should we pray about?”

“Daddy!” So we proceeded to thank God for giving Devyn a wonderful daddy; one who likes to play with her, read to her, and one who takes good care of us. With a delighted “Amen!” we were finished. Two minutes later, we heard her say again, “I wanna pway.” By that time we were pulling into the church parking lot, so we thanked God for a safe trip to church.

*******************************************
I’m somehow feeling hopeful that Devyn will adjust to siblinghood with no problem. She keeps running over to rub my belly and say “hi” to Hudson. But the best moment came on Saturday morning when we were getting ready to run out for errands. As Jon was putting her in the car seat, Devyn in her sing-song voice says, “Baby… where are you?!”

I don’t know, munchkin, but Mommy would like to know when too!


*******************************************

*Sigh* Do you think I can bottle these moments and save them forever?!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

10 comments

Write comments
Stacey
AUTHOR
10:42 AM delete

This is seriously too cute! I know what you mean about "bottling these moments" and I think you are on your way with writing them down here on your blog. Are you saving your blog, backing it up on a cd? That way you'll always have the stuff you have written as like a journal....

Reply
avatar
The Artist
AUTHOR
1:31 PM delete

I love it!
And I can't wait to hear about your next appt.

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
1:43 PM delete

Devyn is definitly getting into her cutest stage right now. Every little thing she does right now cracks me up.

Reply
avatar
Mike
AUTHOR
5:16 PM delete

Always great to read kids learning to pray. We learn a lot from them, don't we?


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Reply
avatar
erin
AUTHOR
9:43 PM delete

I've been thinking about you - while I was without internet. I wasn't sure of your due date, but I knew it was soon!! Keep us posted!!

I, too, want to bottle all these sweet memories up! Devyn is a doll and will, no doubt, be a wonderful big sister!! I am so excited for you!! Watching Joshua and JCT meet for the first time is a moment that I will NEVER forget. Joshua came in and peeked into the bassinet - priceless. You are about to make some precious memories! I am excited for you!!

Reply
avatar
Susie
AUTHOR
10:02 PM delete

She is precious. I know that having Hudson here will just enhance her sweet little personality. She's going to be such a great big sister!

Praying for you, and checking in daily to see when Mr. Hudson decides to make his entrance! Take care.

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
10:45 PM delete

I want to echo what Courtney said. It's such a joy to be around little Devyn these days. It amazes me that with each stage of life that she's in, I keep thinking "she couldn't possibly become more fun". Yet somehow she finds a way to become more and more adorable and hilarious at the same time.

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
7:08 AM delete

So precious! The heart of a child is incredible.

Reply
avatar
4:13 PM delete

"Baby, where are you?" - it's like a game of hide-and-seek. That is absolutely precious!! Waiting with you...

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
9:26 AM delete

Precious.
If you figure out a way to bottle those moments, you let me know right away, okay? I've got lots of moments sitting around, waiting to be forgotten by this Mama! ;)

Reply
avatar