Blessed

Thursday, February 08, 2007 10 Comments A+ a-

When it’s 5:00 in the morning and you know it’s a futile effort to try to go back to sleep, sometimes you just have to listen to the inner voice that’s telling you to get up, grab the hubby’s iPod, and listen to worship music.

Blessed be your name;
In the land that is plentiful,
Where your streams of abundance flow;
Blessed be your name.


God, I’m listening. I know I need an attitude check; I’m doing my best to wait patiently and calmly for your plans. I know that you feel my pain but in turn, I also know that I need to start reflecting on this new life and how to best mother this little guy.

Blessed be your name;
When I’m found in the desert place,
Though I’m walking through the wilderness;
Blessed be your name.


God, it feels like I’ve been pregnant forever, everything in my body aches. However, thank you for giving me this incredible moment in time. Thank you for blessing my body with life; thank you for each moment that he continues to grow safe and sound within my body.

Every blessing you pour out
I’ll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say


God, you are an amazing Father. You know every hair on Hudson’s body; you know the number of his days; you love my son more than I can possibly fathom. Thank you for entrusting this small, dear soul to my care. I ask for continued patience and strength to see this pregnancy through to the end. Thank you, dear Abba, for this incredible gift of life!

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

10 comments

Write comments
aggiejenn
AUTHOR
11:47 AM delete

tears in my eyes, Jen. This is one of my favorite songs. You are SO blessed, indeed! I'm glad you're hearing God's voice in the midst of this trying time.

Reply
avatar
The Artist
AUTHOR
1:32 PM delete

Absolutely my favorite worship song. Beautiful.

Hang in there sweetie - it's almost time!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
1:44 PM delete

Amen, what a beautiful post.

Reply
avatar
Amanda
AUTHOR
2:02 PM delete

I was JUST there! And now that he is three weeks old, I already miss being pregnant!

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
8:29 PM delete

You'll make it, dear one, and most especially, you'll make it there peacefully, having adopted this attitude. I know it may come and go, as you go in and out of feeling miserable, so don't be too hard on yourself!
In the meantime, that song has got to be the best thing you could possibly sing...say...whisper to yourself moment by moment. Keep going...I'm singing with you.

Reply
avatar
Christy
AUTHOR
11:30 PM delete

I know what you mean, my last week wasn't well.... I hope you are feeling better soon! Keep praising him!!

Reply
avatar
1:27 AM delete

What a beautiful post,

This bit is my favourite:-

"God, you are an amazing Father. You know every hair on Hudson’s body; you know the number of his days; you love my son more than I can possibly fathom"

I am keeping a seat warm in "Impatient-Ville" for you, I can't wait for the announcement.

Thinking of you over here in soggy Jakarta.

Reply
avatar
Mike
AUTHOR
4:29 AM delete

It's 3:28 a.m. right now, Friday. I hope you are sleeping.

Keep the faith. Everything will be OK.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
2:51 PM delete

Hi, you!
Just wanted to check in; I was hoping to e-mail you, but couldn't find an address!
Just wanted to say I'm still praying, and I know it can be hard when friends have their babies and you don't (I know Amy had hers!), so don't feel bad for feeling a tiny bit of jealousy - I've been there!
Keep singing!

Reply
avatar
Judi
AUTHOR
6:38 PM delete

Absolutely beautiful post! Just keep hanging in there. It will be over soon and you will have that little sweetie to love and cuddle.

Reply
avatar