Baby Update

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 4 Comments A+ a-

Ok, everyone, here’s the latest on Mr. Hudson’s hopefully-soon-to-be-arrival.

At my appointment yesterday, Dr. Susie finally stripped my membranes, something she refused to do at last week’s appointment. Yow-za! I never had that done with Devyn, so I wasn’t at all prepared for this procedure. However, as you can see, I’m still not in labor. Hudson HAS moved further down into my pelvic area, creating even more pain and pressure. I’m really not sure how much farther he can move down without falling out completely! I’m still approximately 4cm dilated, 70% effaced, and probably at a 0 station. I’m just NOT going into active labor, despite repeated attempts at walking, spicy foods (Mexican, wings, and Vietnamese), raspberry tea, peppermint oil massages, pedicures, etc.

At this point, Dr. Susie is sending me in for an ultrasound tomorrow morning to measure Hudson and make sure he’s actually as big as I know he is. Once that can be confirmed and if he still hasn’t arrived on his own (excuse me while I enjoy a quiet chuckle), then the doctor is going to get me on the schedule for an induction for Thursday or Friday.

I’m really not worried and feel a complete calm about the situation. For those that read Devyn’s birth story, you know that I’ve been through the induction-thing before; I’m just not waiting the full 10 days after the due date again. I can’t. While I never went into active labor with Devyn; I also didn’t have to deal with inconsistent contractions, dilation, or the pain or pressure I’m currently dealing with Hudson. I’m just ready…

So as of right now, that’s the plan. Please stay tuned for updates from my dear friend, Sarah, who has graciously offered to update my site while we’re in the hospital.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
3:18 PM delete

Dear Jenn
I am sorry you are so umcomfortable. I am so looking forward hearing about Hudsons arrival.
You, Jon and Devyn are constantly in my thoughts and prayers this week.

Reply
avatar
erin
AUTHOR
8:50 PM delete

Sounds like it is about to get exciting at your place!!! I will be thinking of you and checking in often. Take care!!

Praying for a safe and easy delivery for you!

Reply
avatar
The Artist
AUTHOR
8:51 PM delete

Sorry about the pain with NO gain right now! But by Friday you'll have Hudson in your arms and that's only 2 days away!

Prayin' for ya!

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
9:25 AM delete

I know so many women who beg the Lord to keep their baby inside until it is full-term - or at least until it can survive! You are one blessed woman!
Still praying...

Reply
avatar