3 Hours Later...

Saturday, February 10, 2007 12 Comments A+ a-

Around 9:00 last night, I commented to Jon and my sister that I was in intense pain; not really contractions (although there were some of those too) but just intense pain and pressure in the pubic bone area. At 10:00, I went to bed, determined to fall asleep. Every movement, every bump hurt immensely; I even had a horrible time getting into bed.

At 11:30, I was awakened with the pain worsened, crying out as I turned over in bed. By 12:30, I had called the nurses station on the Women’s Center floor of the hospital, and was being checked out. I really didn’t think I was in labor, but the pain was just too bad. By 2:30, after learning I’d only gained an additional ½ cm in diameter, had moved from 50% to 70% effaced, had moved from -2 to -1 head position, but no change in the two hours I was there, I was sent home.

It really is okay; even as I walked the halls of the hospital with Jon, I was praying that my attitude would remain positive. That even if I didn’t have Hudson by the end of the day, surely I would have him at least by the end of next week. Sooo… three hours later, I was sent home and I’m actually feeling all right with the decision.

I’m going to go hop into a hot bath now; that should help this sore, sore mama.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

12 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
8:48 AM delete

Sweets,

We are so in prayer for your precious self.


Love you all
Colleen

Reply
avatar
Dareth
AUTHOR
8:53 AM delete

I am glad that you are feeling good about it. You are right. It may be a day or a week, but he will get here. And when he does, it won't matter anymore.
I am glad to hear you are progressing. Not quickly, but progressing, none the less.
I hope the warm bath helped.
Can't wait to hear soon!

Reply
avatar
Milehimama
AUTHOR
10:08 AM delete

It sounds like he is "sunny side up" in there. Sometimes getting down on on your hands and knees and "rocking", like a baby learning to crawl, can help take the pressure off or even flip him around.
Keep us posted!
Mama Says

Reply
avatar
org junkie
AUTHOR
10:45 AM delete

Praying for you!!!

Laura

Reply
avatar
AndiMae
AUTHOR
11:11 AM delete

Oh, Jenn! I am so sorry that you have been in so much pain! You are definitely in my prayers! I am hoping this weekend for you...!

xoxo Andi

P.S. I forgot to comment on the "Have Patience" post from the last week, so I don't know if anyone else told you that the song is from "Music Machine"- a Christian kids album that came out in the 80s. I loved it as a kid and actually just found the cd for Audrey a few months ago- I would love to make you a copy of it if you emailed me your address!

P.P.S. And I loved your post from Thursday- such an awesome perspective. I have a feeling that post will come to mind a lot when I am near the end of my pregnancy!

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
12:15 PM delete

Jenn, My heart goes out to you. You are being a trooper. You are right, little man should be here by the end of the week. You are making progress. Hudson just knows it is so warm and safe inside his mommy's belly.

Love & Prayers coming your way~
Paula

Reply
avatar
Dana
AUTHOR
3:14 PM delete

...but at least this all means the beautiful baby boy is coming! :)

Reply
avatar
The Artist
AUTHOR
10:04 PM delete

Poor thing. He's coming - almost time. Hang in there. Praying for you!

Reply
avatar
The Artist
AUTHOR
10:04 PM delete This comment has been removed by the author.
avatar
Mamacita Tina
AUTHOR
6:37 AM delete

Woman, you are amazing. I would have asked to be admitting and for an epidural by now. Hope the bath helped. He's obviously on his way. Best wishes!

Reply
avatar
aggiejenn
AUTHOR
2:46 PM delete

What a great attitude you have!! You're right...he'll be here soon!

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
4:05 PM delete

Oh, owie! I winced as I read this - I am going to pray for you right now, and will continue to do so right through seeing a post saying "Hudson's Here!" :)

Reply
avatar