House Update

Thursday, January 18, 2007 8 Comments A+ a-

House plans are progressing, not as fast as Jon would like (who wants to continue living with their in-laws, huh?) but they are progressing. Jon and I spent the first weekend after our pre-qualification meeting, looking at homes with our realtor and his wife (who also happen to be our good friends). We looked at approximately five to eight houses, but it was the last house of the evening that we fell in love with. Seriously, the moment we walked into the house, it just felt “right”.

It is a three-bedroom, two-bath ranch level home; approximately 1200 finished square feet with approximately another 1200 square feet in the basement; a covered patio; a mud room and laundry room off the garage; an island in the kitchen; a beautiful master bedroom; and a great floor plan. (I’ve included a picture of the floor plan below, if you can’t see it, you can also click on this link.)
Our realtor has been working with the builder to figure out if they’re building in the neighborhood that we want, which is right next to a brand-new elementary school that will open next fall (which they are); whether or not they’ll work with our mortgage lender (which they will); and the rest of the tiny details. We were finally able to meet with the builder this past Monday to get a few more specifics and look at our lot choices. Of course, with only two lots to choose from, it was an easy decision.

Now comes the “fun” part, working on contracts, negotiations, etc. and waiting for answers. Somehow, between picking up the builder’s flyer in mid-December and now, they’ve raised the price of the home by $5,000. Huh, what?! But our realtor thinks we *may* be able to negotiate that price down. We shall see and I shall keep everyone posted. Jon and I are just anxious to start this next step in our lives and are really hoping to have a contact signed by February 1st, which would mean house completion as early as mid-June or as late as end of July. We just want to know that we’re moving towards our goal before Hudson’s arrival.

On a side note: I stopped by this exclusive baby store in our old town area and picked up this delightful item, in navy, last night. We got out the baby seat, washed everything, and put it all together. I’m getting so excited to meet this little man!!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

8 comments

Write comments
Wendy
AUTHOR
12:19 PM delete

How exciting! You have so much to look forward to as you start this new chapter in your lives. I hope everything goes well w/the house.

Reply
avatar
Julie
AUTHOR
1:01 PM delete

Oh my goodness, a new baby AND a new house...what an exciting time for you!


What a cute blog...the daisy picutre is adorable! Just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog.

Blessings!

Reply
avatar
proud parents
AUTHOR
1:04 PM delete

Congratulations on finding a house! That is so exciting. I am sure the time will fly by with a new baby. You will have so much fun picking everything out. Good luck!

Reply
avatar
The Artist
AUTHOR
1:26 PM delete

Yipppeee! You'r getting a new house! Whoooohooooo!

Keep us posted ! I know you must be thrilled. Take it from me - the move during the last few weeks of pregnancy isn't that fun but well worth it in the end.

Reply
avatar
The Artist
AUTHOR
1:27 PM delete

Yipppeee! You'r getting a new house! Whoooohooooo!

Keep us posted ! I know you must be thrilled. Take it from me - the move during the last few weeks of pregnancy isn't that fun but well worth it in the end.

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
1:45 PM delete

A new home is so wonderful. I do pray all the details work out.

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
3:47 PM delete

How funny...I just posted on my blog about the bundlme lite. We got it in graphite!

And the house sounds just wonderful. I'm so excited for you!

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
8:10 PM delete

I know you must be so thankful - it looks beautiful!

Reply
avatar