Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Monday, January 22, 2007 6 Comments A+ a-


We are so blessed with the presence of Devyn Paige in our lives. She is such a joy and so much fun to be around. We've had very few "terrible two" incidents with her and overall, are enjoying this stage very much. Here she is helping her Daddy study for a promotional test at work. They are definitely two peas in a pod.

The best news associated with Miss Devyn Paige (or Miss Paige as I sometimes call her) is that she is now sleeping in her own bed, by herself, all night long! We have a great routine of getting ready for bed, reading a bedtime story, and saying our prayers. Once that's done, she'll turn on her side, cuddle up with her teddy bear, and fall asleep on her own!! Whoo hooo!! You have no idea what a relief it is to have her in her own bed, it was something that I was genuinely worried about and all that worrying was for naught.

Devyn is also doing the cutest thing right now… She absolutely LOVES praying, whether it be at dinner time or bed time, she's usually the one who asks to pray. The best part of my whole day is when she clasps her tiny hands together at bedtime, looks me seriously in the eye, says "pray", and shouts Amen after we're done.

**Contented Sigh** These are the moments I LOVE being a mother!!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
The Artist
AUTHOR
7:34 PM delete

Oh yes . . . I remember those times. They are precious indeed!

Reply
avatar
Dareth
AUTHOR
9:40 PM delete

Oh Jenn, I am so excited for all of you. Sleeping in her own bed...what a big girl!! She is so precious. Everytime I hear children pray, it melts me. Just thinking about Devyn praying makes me a little misty-eyed. Beautiful, just beautiful!
Love, Dareth

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
5:56 AM delete

It always warms my heart to hear a child pray. What special, wonderful memories.

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
8:48 AM delete

Hooray for Devyn sleeping in her own bed! Does she have a toddler bed or a bigger bed?

That's so sweet that she asks to pray. Snuggle Bug is getting to the point now that he'll clasp his hands in prayer with me and, although he doesn't say much, he watches me praying intently. And at the end, he loves to say "Amen!" with gusto.

I just love the innocence of our little ones, don't you? :)

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
11:02 PM delete

Blogger, blogger, blogger....ugh. Been trying to comment, but..you know how it is.

Anyway, so great about Devyn sleeping through the night in her own bed! What a huge relief before baby comes.

And the praying...so wonderful! I love that she shouts Amen. She sounds so cute, Jenn!

Reply
avatar
Stacey
AUTHOR
8:13 AM delete

That is so wonderful - like Amy said, right before baby comes!

I will pray it continues!

Too cute about the praying - don't they just melt your heart?

Reply
avatar