Date Night!!

Sunday, January 28, 2007 7 Comments A+ a-

A couple of months ago, my sisters Christine and Courtney had this bright idea that we needed to have a quad-date before Hudson's arrival. Since Allie and Drew have only been together a year, we have yet to have a four-couple date and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to have a special date.

Christine and Courtney put a lot of planning and effort into making the evening special. Normally, I would have helped more with everything, but seeing as how I'm towards the end of this pregnancy, I just have NO energy. Christine and Courtney did the planning, the shopping, and then we all got together a few hours beforehand and made the meal together. [Correction: Christine, Allie, and Courtney made the dinner; I sat around, watched them, and sampled the dishes.] They made a spinach and artichoke dip with bread and a crab-cheese dip with crackers for the appetizers; this incredble chicken and broccoli pasta and ceasear salad for the dinner; and the most decadent chocolate cakes for dessert!! Yummy!!

Christine, Allison, and Courtney hard at work in the kitchen.
Another shot of the three girls doing their "tha-ng".
Here's me, doing what I do best right now... napping.
This is appetizer table, set up and ready for the guys arrival.
The dessert table, with the best chocolate cakes I've ever had!
The beautifully decorated table; complete with Christine and Caleb's wedding china!
Courtney and her boyfriend of four years, Jeremy.
Allison and Drew, they're getting ready to celebrate their one-year anniversary.
Christine and Caleb, were best friends for years before getting married almost two years ago.
Jon and I; high school sweethearts and still in love nine years later.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
Amy
AUTHOR
6:18 PM delete

So fun! I love, love, love the napping picture! Today I spent 3 hours straight in my parent's recliner while Parker did who knows what:) I guess we better rest while we can!

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
8:40 PM delete

This looks like so much fun! I'm very glad you got to do something like this now.
And you know what? You just put your feet up and LET everyone wait on you - you need it, and you deserve it!

Reply
avatar
9:33 PM delete

That's so great that you all took time to get together for a date night. It must be wonderful having 3 sisters!

Reply
avatar
AndiMae
AUTHOR
8:52 AM delete

Jenn, that looks so fun! And that cake..! It was really sweet of everyone to put that all together and let you just relax :)

P.S. I didn't get a chance to comment yet on your awesome post from last Wednesday. Thank you so much for sharing your heart like that- I felt like you were taking so much of what has been in my own heart and finding words for all of it. It was such a blessing to me!!

Reply
avatar
8:58 AM delete

How neat is that! I wish my 2 sisters lived closer so we could do something like this. ((sigh))

I'm so glad this date night dinner turned out so well. It was neat to see pictures of all of you!

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
11:51 AM delete

Oh that sounds like so much fun! I so wish I lived closer to my sister... but she is coming to visit this week! Yeah!

Reply
avatar
Dana
AUTHOR
5:34 PM delete

what a fun date night! you all look so great! seriously, those cakes look AMAZING :)

Reply
avatar