Belly Pics - Take 6

Monday, January 29, 2007 20 Comments A+ a-

At my doctor appointment on Friday, I realized how very close to the end of this pregnancy I am. My hormones seem to have hit their all-time high and I’m crying at the drop of the hat; even when I’m mad. For example, when I still hadn’t been called back to an exam room 25 minutes after my initial appointment time, I made Jon go up to the front desk to ask how much longer it would be. I was afraid for the nice ladies behind the desk and how I would have come across if I had done the asking myself. By the time Jon came back with an answer of approximately 10 minutes, I immediately starting crying. Don’t ask me why… I really couldn’t tell you, I just sat there and tried to dry my tears as fast as possible.

My weight gain seems to have hit a plateau with 31 pounds; I really haven’t gained much weight within the past few weeks and quite frankly, I’m more than ok with it. Once in the appointment, I asked Dr. Susie how long she’d make me wait before inducing me. (Remember, I went 10 days overdue with Devyn and I just don’t think I want to do that again.) I’m a planner, I like knowing there’s a plan in place. I wasn’t asking to be induced any time soon, I just wanted to know what to expect. But Dr. Susie said that she wouldn’t even consider having that discussion at only 37+ weeks pregnant. While I understood her position, it still made me cry and again, I really don’t know why. Stupid hormones!

At the end of the appointment (and if any male relatives or friends are still reading at this point, they may want to stop... don’t say you weren’t warned), Dr. Susie performed the first internal exam of this pregnancy. I was extremely surprised, and happy, to hear that I’m already dilated to 2cm and am 50% effaced. The surprise came from the fact that I was NEVER more than a fingertip dilated and 25% effaced during my whole pregnancy with Devyn. Happy, happy, joy, joy! I spent the rest of Friday night and Saturday day and night in false labor. Again, I was in tears. I pleaded with God to either make the contractions stop or let me go into actual labor. However, as you can see, I’m still here, still pregnant, and it doesn’t look like I’m going anywhere, any time soon.

At this point, I’m really just trying to enjoy these last few days alone with Devyn and enjoy these last few days pregnant with my second child. As uncomfortable as I might be, I know that I’ll never get this time back and I’m doing my best to delight in each moment, each day.


18 weeks pregnant.
22 weeks pregnant.
26 weeks pregnant.
30 weeks pregnant.
34 weeks pregnant.
38 weeks pregnant.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

20 comments

Write comments
Milehimama
AUTHOR
10:56 AM delete

Those false labor contractions are the worst. I'm already having them at 29 weeks! I get so frustrated at the end of my pregnancy when I contract for hours and hours, have the exam, and am told I'm still exactly the same.
You might try drinking Slippery Elm bark tea and/or Red raspberry leaf tea. It really helps the labor part and the raspberry is very good for pregnancy and postpartum care. You can get them at health food stores or online.
Mama Says

Reply
avatar
Stacey
AUTHOR
11:24 AM delete

Okay, you're adorABLE!!!!

I will be praying for you!

Reply
avatar
The Artist
AUTHOR
1:52 PM delete

Looks like he's ready to come out!
Keep me posted!
You're in my prayers!

Reply
avatar
Jill
AUTHOR
2:19 PM delete

I agree, you are adorable.

Looks like it won't be long...keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Reply
avatar
Lorena
AUTHOR
2:46 PM delete

Jenn! I can't believe it is almost here. I know I haven't been there for most of your pregnancy, but reading and seeing your pictures reminds me of June right before Annelise was born. She was 5 days late. I was tired of waiting (and of being so huge) so I drank red raspberry leaf tea, and took blue/black cohosh on Monday afternoon. I was having contractions when I woke up Tuesday morning, and was in the hospital in labor that night. I don't know if the tea/cohosh had anything to do with it, but it is possible. I don't recommend the cohosh because there were some conflicting facts about it, but the tea is pretty good...and it may help! I really wish we could be there! I would love to meet your new son.

Reply
avatar
O Mama Mia
AUTHOR
3:10 PM delete

"Mommy... what's that big lump on her belly?"
Can you guess who's on my lap, as I look at your beautiful pics?

Reply
avatar
3:34 PM delete

You are definitely all baby. Too cute! Waiting anxiously to hear the news!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
6:09 PM delete

You are soooo cute! I love seeing pregnant bellies...except my own! LOL!

Here's hoping for a delivery within the week. My first was 2 weeks late and it was miserable, so I can relate to not wanting to go too far!

By the way, I read a beautiful passage last night that made me think of you. I'll try to remember to post a comment with it later.

Reply
avatar
Kate
AUTHOR
6:24 PM delete

Hi,
I just popped by...I think I found you through Blue bird blogs. :-) I can't resist "preggo" pictures...I must say you look fantastic to be having your second! I clearly remember the feeling of being "very ready" to have baby in arms and out of belly! God bless and I pray that you will have a safe, healthy and quick delivery!
Have a lovely day...

Reply
avatar
Mike
AUTHOR
11:43 PM delete

Perhaps your next post will be about the delivery. Have fun pushing.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Reply
avatar
Amydeanne
AUTHOR
6:25 AM delete

you look great! Praying for a safe delivery for you!

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
11:52 AM delete

ou llok really good. ALL BABY for sure.
I hope you enjoy the next few weeks.
HOPEFULLY you will go on your own and at or before your due date!!

Reply
avatar
Dareth
AUTHOR
4:38 PM delete

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!

Reply
avatar
AndiMae
AUTHOR
10:42 AM delete

Jenn, you look so cute! I know that you feel huge right now, but you really look sooooo tiny in your pictures! Just like you have a basketball under your shirt :)

Oh, and I can totally relate to the overly emotional thing- it has been much worse with this pregnancy than with Audrey. Is it the second pregnancy thing or the fact that we are having boys this time? Hmmmm...

Happy Wednesday!

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
11:46 AM delete

Ohhhh...you are still so cute! You've never had a bad picture. I'm going to miss seeing your belly pictures! You haven't gone "chipmunk" at all to me!

And everything you wrote about the end of pregnancy and hormones going wild hit home. I'm going nuts! I was trying to make my doc feel really sorry for me today so he would do the surgery a week early--didn't work!

Hang in there...love, Amy

Reply
avatar
Susie
AUTHOR
1:12 PM delete

Thinking about you and praying for you this week! :)

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
8:48 PM delete

Oh, here comes Hudson!
What a great Mama - keeping him in there so he can grow and get strong and come out when he's good and ready!
Hang in there - so many friends are praying for you. Let the tears come, and let Him wipe them away. He understands!

Reply
avatar
Jenn
AUTHOR
9:03 PM delete

It totally looks like you are having a boy. One big basketball in the front =) I looked exactly the same way with my boy. Good Luck with Labor.

Jenn

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
11:17 PM delete

Cute! Cute! Cute! I love these belly shots.

Reply
avatar
3:15 AM delete

You look so well! I am counting down the days to "web-meet" Hudson.

Reply
avatar