Yep, 10 out of 10

Thursday, December 28, 2006 12 Comments A+ a-

10 Signs You Are VERY, VERY Pregnant
  1. Every time you laugh, sneeze, or even smile, you pee your pants a little.
  2. Every time you pick up your toddler, you can sit her on your belly like a shelf.
  3. Every commercial involving a family, a baby, or a dog makes you cry.
  4. Flatulence… need I say more?
  5. You freak out the male cousins when they can see your belly moving from across the room.
  6. The wavering emotions between “Awww, we’re having a baby” and “Oh crap, we’re having a baby”.
  7. You now walk with waddle, belly in front, trying to keep the weight off your back.
  8. Most strangers can’t even look you in the eye, all they see is belly.
  9. Your belly has become a catch-all for any crumbs, spilt drinks, or runaway food.
  10. And last, but not least, the maternity shirts you couldn’t wait to wear, no longer fit and your belly is hanging out from underneath them!!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

12 comments

Write comments
Sarah
AUTHOR
8:32 AM delete

you're almost there my friend, almost there! And I just read your Tuesday post, I'm so sorry! I do know how you're feeling as I've hit a couple breaking points myself over the past week. Saturday will be much needed for both of us I think, I can't wait!
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
9:52 AM delete

he he he! Your number one especially cracked me up. Oh goodness...where is the glamour in all of this? We're so, so close! Yesterday I realized that I have exactly six weeks left and number 6 is so true for me right now!

Reply
avatar
The Artist
AUTHOR
2:18 PM delete

Not much longer! I sure remember ALL of those!!!

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
4:17 PM delete

I enjoy visiting your blog. I don't think I have ever left a comment. Maybe? Anywhooo, cute list.
I don't remember most of my pregnacy, due to a family trauma, but I do think these all to be true.
I wish you the healthiest and happiest time left in your pregnancy.

Reply
avatar
Stacey
AUTHOR
5:03 PM delete

Lol!!! You are too cute! I especially loved the 10th one! That is such a pain because really, do you buy more or just hope you go early??

i'll be praying for you in the remaining weeks of your pregnancy!

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
7:08 PM delete

Oh, this is so cute!
I am willing to wager that you are still adorable, even with a waddle and a little bit 'o belly showing!
I read your last post, as well, and am touched by your frankness.
I will be praying for time with your hubby, time alone, and time with God to reconnect and relax. All of the emotions certainly come with the territory right now - so keep on sharing with us so we can lift you up in prayer as much as possible! ((hugs))

Reply
avatar
org junkie
AUTHOR
11:17 PM delete

#6 made me laugh out loud...I could so relate. Hope you are feeling better...hang in there!

Laura

Reply
avatar
Proverbs31
AUTHOR
2:30 PM delete

So true, so true!! Been there done that - THREE times!

Reply
avatar
aubrey
AUTHOR
3:55 PM delete

what a cute blog! i remember saying i wouldn't be the kind of pregnant woman who waddled, but i was waddling with the best of them in my last trimester. hope you survive this next blizzard!

Reply
avatar
8:44 AM delete

I love your blog! I agree with all 10.

Reply
avatar
Randi
AUTHOR
2:17 PM delete

Expecting a baby is so fun--and a little bit funny too, I suppose! ;)

Reply
avatar
proud parents
AUTHOR
11:10 AM delete

Your list is too cute! I can definitely relate to every one of those right now. I really like numbers 6 & 10. My husband and I went shopping yesterday and I felt like I spent the whole time holding my shirt down. I can't believe we only have 6 weeks left!! Our little ones will be here before we know it.

Reply
avatar