Oh Baby!!

Monday, December 04, 2006 3 Comments A+ a-

I feel like my little world is being inundated with baby news left and right. It’s quite exciting to see my family and friends being blessed in such miraculous ways!

First of all, my sister and her husband became an aunt and uncle for the second time within the past week. His brother, Josh, and wife, Shamree became the proud parents of a baby girl named Abigail Mary. She weighed 8 lbs, 10 ozs and was 20 inches long. We are so happy for the whole family and love that my sister’s two nieces have birthdays just seven days apart!!

Secondly, we want to extend our congratulations to Drea and Cory who are expecting their second child in July! We are looking forward to watching Isaac as a big brother and are sure that everyone will adjust well.

And the one I’m MOST excited to announce, I can’t even give names because they haven’t announced it to their families yet. Regardless, I just want to say that I have watched this friend and her husband go through many struggles in their 2+ year quest to conceive. And I have never seen a woman, with a more positive attitude and determination to succeed, despite a number of setbacks. I was in awe as I watched this couple come together as a unit during this time of uncertainty and doubt, stronger for it in the end. I am honored that she shared such an intimate time in her life with me; that she allowed herself to be vulnerable and share her hurt on what is normally such a private struggle. I cannot begin to express my happiness, giddiness, or overall excitement at their news and I’m truly looking forward to meeting this much-wanted, very-anticipated, constantly-prayed-for-baby in July.

It’s definitely time for a baby roll-call again:

December
Jeremy & Cassie – Expecting their second child, Elijah Steven.

January
Jeff & Katie – Expecting their third child, a surprise.
Ryan & Kristin – Expecting their second child, Aubrey.

February
We are expecting our second child, Hudson Jonathan.
Peter & Rebecca – Expecting their first child, a son whose name is being kept secret.

April
Jeremy & Jill – Expecting their first child, Kila Jean.

June
Tommy & Amber – Expecting their second child, a surprise.

July
Yet-Unnamed-Parents – Expecting their first child, a surprise.
Cory & Drea – Expecting their second child, a surprise.

And in the Blogosphere, a number of dear, dear friends are expecting little ones of their own.
Mary, from Hess Hit Factory, is expecting her second child, a daughter named Zoe.
Amanda, from Something Beautiful, is expecting her third child, a son named Ezekial.
Amy, from Amy, Oh My, is expecting her second child, a surprise.
Erin, from Embracing My Cup, is expecting her third child, a surprise.
Andi, from Tales of a Crafty Mama, is expecting her second child, a surprise.
Joy, from Living Joyously, is expecting her fourth child, a surprise.
And Overwhelmed, from Overwhelmed with Joy, is currently in the process of adopting her second child, also a surprise.

Please pop in on these ladies and give them some much-needed encouragement and support when you get a chance. I’m sure you’ll find their stories from motherhood, pregnancy, and adoption thoughtful, informative, and fun!!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Jill Davis
AUTHOR
9:29 AM delete

Wow! I can't believe that you know sooo many pregnany women. I hope to meet some moms up in Denver when I become a mom! When is your baby shower??

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
9:55 PM delete

Wow! It is so great when friends who have struggled with infertility either have babies or adopt a baby. We have a couple recent births like this in our life. Praise God!

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
7:00 PM delete

Wow! That's a lot of babies! :)

As for us, we still don't know if this lead will prove to be the one that brings us our second child, but our hope has been renewed that it could happen via a private domestic adoption, like it did with Snuggle Bug's adoption.

Thanks for your kind comment on my Adoption #2- We’ve Got a Lead! post. I do appreciate your prayers!

Reply
avatar