Let it snow!!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 6 Comments A+ a-

Our whole state is under a blizzard warning as I write those words. It's going to be a white Christmas indeed! My husband has worked one 16-hour shift and one 12-hour shift, with a number of 12-hour shifts looming ahead of him. It’ll be great for his paycheck in January, but makes for an exhausted husband right before the holidays. What a hard-working guy I married!!

Here’s the irony. My grandpa and his family live in Arizona and the last time they were out visiting over Christmas, was during the Blizzard of 1982; where snow drifts were as high as my parents’ roof. Grandpa vowed at that time that they would never again visit during December and has kept that promise. Unfortunately, with the death of his mom, Grandpa, his sons, and their families all flew in last night for her funeral tomorrow. And what has been forecasted for the week? A blizzard…

I don’t know if we’ll make it to the funeral tomorrow, or if there will even be a funeral, but I am enjoying having the whole family snow-bound. What a sense of humor our God has!!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
5:12 PM delete

God does, indeed, have a wonderful sense of humor sometimes. How ironic that your grandpa has arrived to be met by a blizzard!

Let us know how the funeral goes, okay? I hope having extended family together is a comfort to all of you.

Reply
avatar
Dana
AUTHOR
5:41 PM delete

I'm SO jealous that I'm missing the blizzard... seriously it makes me sad

Reply
avatar
Wendy
AUTHOR
7:26 AM delete

I thought about you this morning when I watched the news. Looks like you did get all the snow. I'm sure it looks beautiful there right now.

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
9:54 PM delete

Oh, I'm so jealous! How fun...at least it sounds fun. I've never been in a blizzard! Stay warm:)

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
10:22 PM delete

Wondering if you all made it to the funeral?
Are you all snowed in and cozily baking cookies, roasting chestnuts, all that jazz?
We have a couple inches, with more coming in tonight, so we'll see what the morrow brings!
Blessings!

Reply
avatar
Andi
AUTHOR
8:44 AM delete

Everytime I hear something on NPR about the snow in Colorado, I think of you! Hope you are all staying safe and warm :)

P.S. I am really sorry about your grandma. I will be praying for you and your family.

Reply
avatar