1000 Gifts - Week 5

Sunday, December 10, 2006 4 Comments A+ a-

My husband just returned home after being gone for a week; bare with me as this list may seem a trifle too much about him. I can't seem to help it, as I've grown incredibly thankful for all the things he does for me, both as a husband and father.

106. His excitement in sharing about things he's learned this past week.
107. His welcoming embrace and absent-minded kiss on my forehead.
108. His overwhelming joy at being with his wife and daughter again.
109. The excitement on Devyn's face as she "sees" Daddy for the first time in a week.
110. Her abundent giggles as Daddy smothers her face with kisses or tosses her up in the air.
111. Long, passionate kisses (these are always nice!).
112. The sound of his snoring next to me.
113. Waking early with Devyn and tip-toeing upstairs to give "Mommy more time to rest".
114. The sounds of Daddy and Devyn enjoying a "quiet" breakfast together.
115. Feeling his arms around me as he cradles his unborn son.
116. Putting Devyn to bed as I get to enjoy a hot bath... alone.
117. Getting face time as we talk about our week; the joy in sharing a conversation in person.
118. The feel of his scruffy skin against my smooth cheek.
119. The comfort in cuddling in bed together.
120. His thankfulness for all I did for Devyn last week.
121. The sound of him helping Devyn clean up her toys.
122. His excitement in showing me the gifts he brought our children during his time away.
123. The comfort, joy, and excitement in being together as a family again.

Moving on...

124. The image of Mary, being nine months pregnant and preparing herself for the birth of our Lord and Savior. Wow!!
125. The sounds of Christmas carols emanating from the speakers in the stores.
126. Watching Devyn run up to the nativity and pointing out Baby Jesus.
127. Egg-Nog
128. People-watching during the Christmas season; everyone just SEEMS so much nicer.
129. The lyrics from "O Holy Night" - my favorite Christmas song.
130. Making plans with friends who are returning home for the Christmas season.
131. Getting so excited at the upcoming births in my friends (and my) lives. (Cassie - 10 days and counting...)
132. Feeling God's peace in getting pre-approved for a home loan, knowing He's in control!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
erin
AUTHOR
8:26 PM delete

What a sweet little list!! I guess it isn't very little! Aren't hot baths the best during pregnancy!!! And, congrats on being approved for a home loan! Fun for you!

Reply
avatar
The Artist
AUTHOR
4:05 AM delete

Those are so awesome. O Holy Night is my favorite Christmas Carol as well.

Hope you have a blessed week! Thanks for stopping by!

Reply
avatar
Amanda
AUTHOR
8:41 AM delete

Okay, I hope you got my email!!

Also, I am just getting ready to write about my favorite Christmas song, Oh Holy Night.

We are alike in so many ways!

Love you my friend!

Reply
avatar
proud parents
AUTHOR
8:42 AM delete

What a great list. It sounds like you have a wonderful husband. I'm glad he is home and you are able to get some much needed rest and relaxation.

Reply
avatar