1000 Gifts - Week 4

Friday, December 01, 2006 0 Comments A+ a-

May I never cease to be amazed at the number of gifts and blessings God has bestowed on me! I am so thanful to have a loving and gracious King.

81. The smell of pine from the Christmas tree.
82. The sight of Devyn covered in flour from baking cookies.
83. The scent of my husband’s cologne.
84. The sound of Christmas carols coming from the stereo.
85. Watching Devyn pick up snow and her look of dismay when it melts.
86. Convictions of the heart, knowing that I’m still a work in progress.
87. The sight of my husband dressed up for a date-night out.
88. The joy of forgiveness and restoring a relationship with a sister.
89. Watching Devyn’s face as she takes in the Christmas lights.
90. The gentle pressure and warmth from our dogs as they lay at our feet.
91. A late-night text message from Jon, reassuring me that despite cold weather, icy roads, and plowing while exhausted, he’s ok and safe.
92. Cuddling with Devyn under a warm blanket, watching classic Disney movies.
93. The knowledge that God has blessed me beyond my wildest imagination.
94. An unexpected gift, in the shape of extra time off, bonus, or Jon’s overtime.
95. The gift of silence, either alone or with my spouse.
96. Getting to relive childhood moments through the eyes of my child.
97. Chocolate advent calendars.
98. My husband starting my car on a cold winter morning.
99. Having my face cupped in Jon’s hands, feeling precious to him.
100. The sight and sound of Devyn’s joy when her daddy comes home.
101. Watching a friend (or relative) as they adjust to new motherhood, the utter contentment and abundant love in their face.
102. Excitement at finding the “perfect” gift for a loved one.
103. Red cheeks and noses after a good tussle outside in the cold.
104. Hot chocolate with marshmallows.
105. The sight of our church’s sanctuary decorated for the Christmas season!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.