1000 Gifts - Week 2

Friday, November 17, 2006 5 Comments A+ a-

And the list of blessings continues...

27. The smell of puppy breath.
28. A quiet evening with a glass of wine and good conversation.
29. Skiing, feeling as though you’re flying.
30. A heartfelt conversation with a good friend.
31. Mom’s homemade fettuccini alfredo.
32. A back massage from Jon.
33. Christmas cards from family and friends.
34. My dad’s eagerness to maintain a strong relationship with each of his girls.
35. A brief, but poignant, memory of my great-grandmother, Grammie.
36. Grammie’s pickles… yummy!
37. Bacon Salad
38. Jon’s laidback attitude.
39. The clutching of my face and puckered lips, as Devyn leans in for a kiss.
40. Comfort offered in the arms of my husband.
41. The smell of white cotton blossom emanating from my bubble bath.
42. A good discussion with couples from our bible study.
43. The blessings that are each one of my sisters; Christine, Allison, and Courtney.
44. Forgiveness that is offered when it is least deserved.
45. Christine’s gentle, loving spirit.
46. Listening to music and Devyn asking to “da-ance?”
47. The song “My Little Girl” sung by Tim McGraw (tears… every time!)
48. Listening to Devyn sing to her baby dolls.
49. Allison’s tiny features but strong will.
50. Watching the grin on my husband’s face when he catches the “big” fish.
51. Jon’s boyish grin, no matter the reason.
52. My Aunt Debbie’s wise counsel.
53. Courtney’s sassy attitude and big heart.
54. Escaping to the family cabin for a weekend alone.
55. 4-wheeling through the mountain roads.
56. Holiday meals with families; the food, the conversation, the warmth.
57. Having my mother in the delivery room when Devyn was born, such strength.
58. The joy in having two brothers, given to me through marriage.
59. A beautiful, crisp fall afternoon.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
Amy
AUTHOR
1:56 PM delete

I love all of them but I especiall like 27 and 28. I miss both of them so much lately:)

Reply
avatar
2:33 PM delete

And here I sent my mother (and mother-in-law) OUT of the delivery room! I bet my husband could have really used some strength but oh well! He managed. =)

Reply
avatar
erin
AUTHOR
9:09 PM delete

I love your list!! Family and friends, good food and conversation, sweet memories. . .

You definitely put me in the Thanksgiving mood!!!

Reply
avatar
9:41 PM delete

What a great list! Fun!

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
1:38 PM delete

Oh my goodness...I just checked what I wrote and I meant 28 and 29!

Reply
avatar