My Little Shoplifter

Saturday, October 14, 2006 6 Comments A+ a-

It was one of those days that I absolutely love! The air was crisp with fall, the leaves have turned a burnt orange, and I was getting to spend a much-anticipated afternoon with two of my three sisters. We decided to meet at the Olive Garden first, to enjoy a de-lic-ious lunch of their infamous salad and a bowl of Zuppa Tuscana soup. Yuuumm!

After a lunch filled with laughing, catching up, and talking about future plans, we decided to head to the local mall for some window shopping and a chance to hang out just a while longer. So there we were, three out of four sisters, Devyn in her stroller, and all of us perusing through a well-known lingerie store. While we waited for one sister to complete her purchase, I happened to look down and notice that Devyn was playing happily with their selection of lip glosses. I hastily rolled her away, much to me dismay, she immediately started crying. With a deep sigh, I rolled her back and let her continue playing.

Allison and I started talking about something else and I completely forgot about Devyn's new playthings. When Christine finally joined us again, we headed for the exit and debated about which store to visit next. As we headed for Motherhood Maternity (ok, I admit I have a weakness here), I looked down and noticed that Devyn was clutching one of the lip glosses she had happily absconded from the store. In shock I grabbed it from her hand and Allison offered to return it to the store. *Sigh* Has my daughter already turned to a life of crime?! At least she has good taste, and I'm happy to report that no one stopped Allison when she returned the ill-gotten goods.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
8:28 AM delete

I just returned a comic book to the grocery store the other day - same thing. It happens, and unfortunately, I've had to pay for some things that have been put in mouths or broken en route!

Reply
avatar
Dana
AUTHOR
6:31 PM delete

...at least she has good taste?!

Reply
avatar
Munchkin Land
AUTHOR
9:18 PM delete

What can I say? It was a very pretty color! =)

Don't worry, if Devyn was even remotely aware of what she was doing, I'd have been a lot less tongue-in-cheek, and more mortified. But when she's not even two yet, its hard to each a lesson...

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
9:30 PM delete

Hey, atleast she picked a good color--ha! I SO enjoy reading all your journal entries but especially ones like these, for this is what I have to anticipate :)

Love,
Kara

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
9:40 PM delete

How funny! I love that she chose lip gloss...what a girl! Lip gloss is one of my very favorite things. I'm not big on lipstick but gloss is wonderful:) Sounds like a fun day with your sisters. Your lunch at O.G. is exactly what I get everytime I go. We should meet for lunch;)

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
11:26 PM delete

Don't feel bad... last week Baby Girl was playing with some tea at the grocery store. She dropped it in the diaper bag while I was shopping. She was strapped into her car seat before I noticed it and had to stroll back into the store to purchase it. At only nine months old! I guess it runs in the family, huh?!?
Dareth

Reply
avatar