Fort Fun

Monday, October 16, 2006 7 Comments A+ a-

A couple of weekends ago, Jon pulled out our old comforter and threw it over some kitchen chairs; building an instant fort and the admiration of our little girl. She absolutely loved her time under the blanket and was devastated when it came time to put it all away. I just love that she and Daddy got to bond over shared time in the fort.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
Jim J.
AUTHOR
10:15 PM delete

Jenn,
sometimes the best memories are not from the games and toys that we buy in stores, but the ones that we create from what lies around the house. i remember the "fort" days with the boys. what fun for john and devyn!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
8:52 AM delete

Oh what sweet pictures. It is great to see Jon - what a handsome Daddy and beautiful little girl.
These are the best moments!
Love
Colleen

Reply
avatar
aggiejenn
AUTHOR
8:56 AM delete

How fun! My sister and I LOVED to build forts out of blankets and chairs!

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
10:26 AM delete

That picture is so adorable of a dad and his daughter. I can't believe how much they look alike!

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
4:57 PM delete

She has the prettiest hair! Some of my favorite times as a kid were spent building forts. I would set up a kitchen and bathroom...I know...very strange:) Anyway, that is so exciting that Devyn is into forts. Hudson and Devyn are going to have so much fun together!

Reply
avatar
HappyMama
AUTHOR
12:30 PM delete

What great photos! Looks like Daddy and Devyn had a blast. I love seeing how excited our husbands are as fathers...isn't it truly amazing to watch!?!

Reply
avatar
Karen
AUTHOR
3:44 AM delete

Oh how precious!!!!! :)

Reply
avatar