Belly Pics - Take 2

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 10 Comments A+ a-

Despite my complaints of nausea, sickness, exhaustion, etc., I can’t even begin to express how truly fortunate I feel to be pregnant again. There is something about pregnancy that makes me want to beat on my chest and say, “I am woman, hear me roar.” Maybe it’s the fact that my body is growing, housing, and sustaining life, it’s a very heady concept for me to accept. I love the idea that God is performing something miraculous in my body and I’m humbled at the idea that I would be given such a blessing! I do not, for one moment, take this pregnancy for granted.

At 22 weeks, Hudson and I are doing well. I’m still having my off days, but they are fewer and farther apart. Thank goodness! My energy is still pretty low and I still have my low-key, quiet evenings resting and playing with Devyn. Hudson’s movements are out-of-control! I often compare Devyn’s movements in-utero to Hudson’s movements and really, there is no comparison. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m more aware of what they feel like the second time around but I’m pretty sure I just have an active boy on my hands. He definitely wants his presence known. There is nothing I like better than having about five minutes to myself so I can lay down, place my hand across my belly, and feel his acrobatic movements. What a miracle!

Devyn is increasingly becoming more aware that there is a baby inside Mommy and will often rub my belly and say “ba-by”. She has also taken to pointing out every single baby in stores, restaurants, etc. She’ll point to the little one in the cart, being carried by a parent, or being worn in baby carrier and shout “ba-by” as loud as she can. Jon and I are confident that she’ll be an excellent big sister and will probably want to help out TOO much once Hudson arrives. We’ll do our best to include Devyn in the new routine of the house, while protecting Hudson from an overzealous big sister.

18 Weeks Pregnant - Pregnant w/ Devyn on the left,
pregnant w/ Hudson on the right.
22 Weeks Pregnant - Just Hudson, no photos at this stage of pregnancy with Devyn.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

10 comments

Write comments
Mike
AUTHOR
12:46 PM delete

Always great to read everything’s well.

You are right. Big sisters (or brothers) love to help the little ones. My 3-year old is an example.

“Daddy,” my 3-year once said. “Can I have more chocolate?”

“What!?” I said, while trying to burp my 1-year old. “You already had lots and lots of chocolate.”

“But I want some more.”

“Why?” I asked, a little annoyed now.

My 3-year old pointed to my 1-year old then said, “Because I wanted to teach him how to eat chocolate.”

Yeah, right.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Reply
avatar
Wendy
AUTHOR
1:07 PM delete

Great pictures! You look so cute pregnant, just a little basketball. I love your new haircut.

Reply
avatar
The Artist
AUTHOR
1:24 PM delete

Girl you look great! And from these photos, you look TINY!

I've only TECHNICALLY gained 4 pounds. I also gained back the 10 I lost during the first trimester! hahahahaahahahahahahaha

But I'll stick with saying 4 pounds. It makes me feel better. . . .

Reply
avatar
Amanda
AUTHOR
6:30 AM delete

you are so little! not me! :) You look so cute!

Reply
avatar
Jill Davis
AUTHOR
8:17 AM delete

How very exciting!! Isn't it amazing the fact that all this is possible. That we women can grow life! I think about that daily and am more and more amazed too!

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
9:11 AM delete

cute, cute! You're a beautiful woman Jenn!
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
9:36 AM delete

You look so great! Love the new stylin you!!
Give Devyn a big hug and you guys too!!
Hugs and kisses
Colleen

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
2:06 PM delete

You look fantastic at 22 weeks pregnant! I love your shorter hair. :)

Reply
avatar
Amy
AUTHOR
6:41 PM delete

I'm so envious of your little belly! Isn't it amazing how we all carry so different? You look so good...not at all like you're not getting enough sleep:)

Reply
avatar
Karen
AUTHOR
3:44 AM delete

You are adorable!!!! :) I can't wait to see this babe :).

Reply
avatar