2nd Ultrasound

Monday, October 09, 2006 7 Comments A+ a-

During my pregnancy with Devyn, the ultrasound technician was so ambiguous about finding out the gender. “If I had to guess, I’d say you’re having a girl.” Argh! Are you kidding me?! After coming from families of either all boys or all girls, I’d say that we were highly anticipating finding out what we were having. I did some research online and found elective ultrasounds with ultrasound packages ranging from 2D ultrasounds to verify gender to 3D and 4D ultrasounds to see actual photos of your baby. We decided on the 2D ultrasound and were so happy that we were able to verify that Devyn was indeed a girl, and came home with a 10-minute video of our baby girl in-utero.

At that time we agreed that once we started something with the first child, we’d do it for all the kids. One of my youngest sister’s biggest pet peeves is that there aren’t nearly as many baby photos of her as the fourth baby, as there are of me as the firstborn. We want to do our best to be consistent will all the children and so in keeping with the above tradition, we scheduled Hudson’s elective ultrasound for this past Saturday. Needless to say, it was wonderful seeing him again and we were able to verify that Hudson is definitely all boy. (My husband was a bit worried with the ultrasound technician declaring him, a her, for 20 minutes in the last ultrasound.) Devyn was able to go with us and kept pointing at the screen saying baby. It was great day being able to be alone as a family but I couldn’t wait to share the newest photos of our little guy!

On a side note, we had a bit of a scare on Saturday as I was racing down the stairs after my sister Allison. I lost my footing and fell the last three stairs; luckily I landed on my knee and I have a beautiful purple, black, and blue bruise to show for it. Hudson has definitely been quieter these past few days and its moments like these that I’m especially thankful that we have our little Doppler. It’s been reassuring to bring it out and listen to his heartbeat, in spite of his recent inactivity.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
aggiejenn
AUTHOR
2:44 PM delete

So precious is that little one God is growing inside you! I fell when I was pregnant...in the dark, over the dog, landed on my knee, too. Scary times those can be. My sister has the same pet peeve as your sister...not as many baby pictures of her. I hope she remembers that when she has more than one!

Reply
avatar
The Artist
AUTHOR
3:55 PM delete

How sweet! Isn't it awesome to see him moving around inside of you? I'll never grow tired of that!

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
5:56 PM delete

Yeah for Hudson! I love ultrasounds - it's so amazing to see that tiny person in there.

Take care of yourself and be careful on those stairs!!

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
11:35 AM delete

Hudson is growing so fast! I just love these pictures of him! I'm with you, I want to make a concentrated effort to take just as many pictures of our 2nd child as I have with Snuggle Bug!

Reading about your scare gave me a scare! What a relief that all is well. Thank you, God!

I wanted to be sure to thank you for your encouraging comment on my Adoption, exploring a new avenue post. I do appreciate your prayers!

Reply
avatar
proud parents
AUTHOR
12:37 PM delete

I'm glad to hear you and your baby are doing okay after your fall. I came on here to post about the lack of pictures as a second child, but my sister beat me to it! :) I am so glad to hear you are doing the same thing for your second child as you did your first. As far as our pictures go, I was born and then I am graduating from high school and then college. I am a little bitter about it. ;)

Reply
avatar
Chaotic Mom
AUTHOR
7:48 AM delete

What WONDERFUL photos! I'm glad you're okay, too. ;)

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
4:19 PM delete

Hudson is so cute! You can really get a good idea of what he looks like.Love the name, by the way. I'm just so excited for our little ones to get here. This time, I'm not nervous to have an infant and that is a great feeling! Just a little nervous about the surgery:)

Reply
avatar