Weekend Away

Friday, September 15, 2006 5 Comments A+ a-

This weekend I’m heading up to the mountains for a women’s retreat with ladies from my church. I’m very excited to go and anxious to see what God has in store for me this weekend. These retreats always hold little kernels of truth for me and I’m sure some valuable lessons will be taught.

I’m also a bit anxious as well, it’s the first time I’ve been away from Devyn for that long and I really hope that everything goes smoothly. Jon has never been alone with Devyn for this amount of time and in the past has always had my sisters and mom for back-up. Since they’ll be with me in the mountains, I’ve contacted my aunt and she is willing to help in any way she can. Its unfortunate timing as Jon is on-call this weekend and the weather is calling for snow. However, knowing that my aunt is just a phone call away is going a LONG way in putting my mind at ease.

So if you think of it,
please pray for us. One, that I’ll have a wonderful, relaxing, and enjoyable weekend away; that I’ll be able to hear God’s voice and have an open heart to His lessons. And secondly, that Jon and Devyn will have a wonderful, bonding weekend together without any emergencies. See you all on Monday…

This is an actual photo of where we'll be spending the next three days, I can't wait!!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
3:05 PM delete

Have a wonderful time! I am sure Jon and Devyn will have a fabulous time together.

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
10:23 AM delete

Wow, looks beautiful! Enjoy, enjoy your time away.

Reply
avatar
The Artist
AUTHOR
12:10 PM delete

No worries! God has everything under control and you'll be having a wonderful time learning from Him and your family relaxing!

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
10:55 PM delete

I hope you have an uplifting weekend on your retreat!

I'm sure Jon will do just fine with Devyn. It'll be good bonding time for the two of them.

I'll be interested in hearing about your retreat when you return!

Reply
avatar
aggiejenn
AUTHOR
8:05 AM delete

I hope you had a blessed weekend! Our ladies retreat is coming up in November and I know God will do amazing things!

Reply
avatar