Pink or Blue?

Thursday, September 21, 2006 7 Comments A+ a-

I know that the gender of this baby has been determined since before time; just as I know that God has the birth weight and length all worked out, He knows the hair and eye color already, He knows the number of hairs on his or her head, and this baby's days are already numbered. But even knowing all of this, it does nothing to prevent me from playing every gender-prediction game, nor from starting an online baby pool, just for fun.

It's hard to believe that in less than 32 hours, we're going to know whether a son or daughter is on their way and that knowledge is making me a little heady! Its not that I don't already love this beautiful creation, but being able to know whether its a boy or a girl will go a long way in making that bond, before birth, even stronger. I honestly can't wait for tomorrow's ultrasound! Just for fun, let's see what the old wives tales, the chinese lunar calendar, etc. have to say about what we're having.

Based on the Chinese Lunar Calendar, we're supposed to be having a girl. However, it was wrong in the prediction for Devyn; it said she was supposed to be a boy and she most definitely is not!

Based on the Old Wives Tales Gender Prediction, there's a 60% chance that this one is a girl. Of course, this was wrong again; it predicted a 60% chance that Devyn was a boy.

Based on the Old Wives Tale concerning Baby's Heartrate, we're having a girl because her heartrate is above 140 beats per minute. This test proved right for Devyn.

Based on the Needle or Ring Test, we're having a boy because the ring swung in a straight line. This test also proved right for Devyn.

And last, but not least, based on the informal, online baby pool, out of 29 guesses, 16 family and friends feel that we're having a boy.

As you can see, three out of four tests say we're having a girl. But each test has a 50/50 chance of being right; they have nothing to do with science or God but it's so fun to play. Regardless of boy or girl, I'm just praying for a healthy baby and I'll be sure to share the news as soon as I possibly can.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
HappyMama
AUTHOR
8:51 AM delete

I am SO excited for you guys! I cannot wait to find out what you are having!! =)

Reply
avatar
Jill Davis
AUTHOR
10:05 AM delete

That is soooo exciting Jen! I am so happy that we will be able to see each others ultrasound pictures this weekend!

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
10:17 AM delete

Oh, I just loved your list of methods used to predict the sex of your baby. How fun!

I'm excited to hear whether the baby will be a girl or a boy. Either way, I know your child will be well loved!

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
12:41 PM delete

Jenn, you're crazy.

Reply
avatar
aggiejenn
AUTHOR
1:25 PM delete

How exciting! My sister finds out what she's having tomorrow as well! I'm anxious to hear from both of you!

Reply
avatar
O Mama Mia
AUTHOR
2:03 PM delete

tick tock tick tock.... HURRY UP! Didn't U know that I wanted & was ready to know TODAY??? For my birthday??? :)
Thanks for the sweet wishes on MS.
Kisses!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
7:59 AM delete

Can't wait to hear from you.

Hugs & Kisses
The Pusateri Clan

Reply
avatar