Humbled and Blessed

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 7 Comments A+ a-

Every once in a while a birthday comes along that just knocks your socks off. It's day filled with reminders of how very blessed you are; humbled by the knowledge that you have such incredible people in your life. Today was such a day! I'm celebrating 27 years of life today and while it's a little hard to admit that I've now entered my late-twenties; family and friends have made it one of my most memorable birthdays.

  • A friend, fresh from having a new baby and her toddler in tow, stopped by my job with a dozen roses and a beautiful card! I can't believe how thoughtful that was!
  • A coworker, a silver-smithing and jewelry enthusiast, made me a beautiful necklace. The pendant says Wife on one side and Mommy on the other, attached to a silver cross. She wanted to encompass everything that was important to me and she did; very meaningful!
  • Devyn and my mom showed up at work during cake time with balloons. There is nothing sweeter than seeing your little girl race across the lobby with a smile on her face and balloons in her hands.
  • Coworkers treating me to a scrumptious meal at the Olive Garden.
  • Numerous emails, e-cards, and messages wishing me a happy birthday from various family and friends.
  • My 85-year-old grandmother calling me at work just to tell me that she hopes my day is special.
I'm sitting here at the computer, overcome by the outpouring of well-wishes, love, and thoughtful gestures. I realize how truly blessed I am by the family, friends, and coworkers that I have in my life. It's days like these that make me take a step back and thank God for the treasures He's put in my life.

And now, I'm going to get ready for a hot date with my husband. He's taking me to PF Chang's and a night without the little one. As much as I love her, time alone with Jon is more than gift enough for me. Happy Birthday to me!!

Post Script: We ended up going to Chili's instead of PF Chang's. Hey, I'm pregnant, I reserve the right to change my mind, right?!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
The Artist
AUTHOR
5:54 AM delete

Happy Belated Birthday to you, friend! I'm glad it was such a wonderful, warm, memorable one! You deserve it!

Reply
avatar
Dana
AUTHOR
6:26 AM delete

YAY for birthdays!! wish I'd known before hand, but am so happy to hear your day was blessed. love you!

Reply
avatar
Wendy
AUTHOR
7:55 AM delete

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like a great time.

Reply
avatar
Jill Davis
AUTHOR
11:27 AM delete

I am so glad that you had a wonderful birthday! Wish I lived closer to share in your joy! Love ya!

Reply
avatar
3:46 AM delete

Happy Birthday!!!!
I am glad you had a wonderful time. Just think how exciting your next birthday will be - 2 gorgeous babies!!!!!

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
12:37 PM delete

So wonderful that you were showered with love for your birthday. What great friends and family you have!

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
1:35 PM delete

It sounds like you had a fantastic birthday and I'm so glad that you did!

Happy Belated Birthday to you! :)

Reply
avatar