Devyn-isms

Thursday, September 14, 2006 4 Comments A+ a-

Some recent Devyn-isms to share:

  • When asked where Daddy or her doll or the doggy is, her response is now, “I don no” with a shrug of her shoulders.
  • When asked how old she is, Devyn will hold up one, two, or three fingers and say “too-oo”. She’s not yet two but she’s practicing early.
  • After a good time of running, wrestling, spinning, or a tickle war, she reaches her arms up and says “agin, agin”.
  • Devyn often follows me into the bathroom every morning and will point to the medicine cabinet above the toilet. “Teeth” she says and makes a miming motion of brushing her teeth.
  • Walking up to any toddler, child, or baby younger than herself and talking in "baby" tones. Oy vey!
  • After I get off work, we’ll often play outside in the front yard and wait for Daddy to come home. Devyn waves at every car or truck that drives by and says either “Hi” or “Bye-bye” whichever suits her best at that moment.
  • She loves the dog-gies in the home and you can often find her sitting on Haley or sitting next to Zeus. She’ll run across the room, shouting “dog-gie” and plant a BIG kiss on their nose.
  • When asked about Mommy’s baby, she lays her head on my belly and says “ba-bie” or will kiss my growing belly.
  • And last, but certainly not least, my mom recently found Devyn sitting at the bottom of the staircase, her doll wrapped in a blanket, and making newborn crying sounds for the doll. Devyn picked up her doll, patted her back, and “sang” her back to sleep.

Where they learn these things, I just don’t know, but it’s extremely precious indeed.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
aggiejenn
AUTHOR
6:48 PM delete

How precious! Caleb has recently learned how to say "doggie," and he says it all the time! Devyn will be one great big sister!

Reply
avatar
HappyMama
AUTHOR
11:19 AM delete

Devyn is sure growing up fast - how precious! I can't wait until Brooklyn says her first word...I just love it when she babbles and tries out new sounds! I agree, she is going to be a wonderful big sister.

Reply
avatar
Mike
AUTHOR
12:41 PM delete

Watching your kids grow, I tell myself, is always better than watching TV. My 3-year old, for example, pulls up his shirt and does the “stomach wave,” rolling his tummy muscles in a circular motion. “It’s better after you go to the potty, Daddy,” he’ll say.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

PS. It’s my first time to visit your site. Hope you don’t mind if I’m crashing. I followed your link from Overwhelmed with Joy.

Reply
avatar
amy
AUTHOR
1:31 PM delete

I love these and so will Devyn when she gets older! She sounds like such a little character:)

Reply
avatar