3 Weeks? Already?!

Friday, September 01, 2006 9 Comments A+ a-

I went in for my monthly appointment today and had a great one. I've gained 8 pounds so far in this pregnancy, a far cry from losing 5 pounds by this time during my pregnancy with Devyn. I'm measuring right on track, around the 17-week mark, and the baby's heart rate is in the 140's.

I was happy, content in the knowledge that things seem to be going well. And then the doctor announced that we'll be scheduling the 20-week, full OB ultrasound. I sat a little stunned, wondering how I could possibly be almost half-way through this pregnancy. With Devyn, the time seemed to drag on, each week creeping along slowly. But with this pregnancy, I constantly have to remind myself that I'm still pregnant.

So, there we sat waiting for the nurse to bring in our ultrasound authorization and date of the big day. She handed it over, without ceremony, and the date September 22nd jumped off the page. 3 weeks? Already?! Slowly it sank in... we were going to find out if we're having a son or a daughter in just three weeks. A wide, excited grin spread across my face and I realized what a BIG day we had in front of us, just 21 days away.

And now... you can't wipe the smile off my face!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

9 comments

Write comments
Mandy
AUTHOR
5:25 PM delete

I can't wait to to hear if it is a boy or a girl. Either way Devyn will be a great big sister and you and Jon will continue to be wonderful parents. I can't believe how fast the time has gone already!!!

Reply
avatar
6:58 PM delete

Ohh, your going to find out if it is a boy or girl! I didn't with my first, tried to find out with my second, and found out with my third.
I'm so pleased you feeling well, hasn't the weeks gone quick!
Can you get pictures or videos of the ultrasound ?

Reply
avatar
Wendy
AUTHOR
7:32 PM delete

8 lbs. is not bad at all. My first pregnancy seemed to take forever too, but the others flew by!

Reply
avatar
The Artist
AUTHOR
7:52 PM delete

Ooooooo! I'm so excited! I can't wait to see what you're having. I still haven't wiped the smile off MY face from our ultrasound!

Glad to finally be able to catch up with you again! I've missed your blog!

Reply
avatar
8:33 PM delete

Isn't that funny how time drags with the first one? Your little one will be here before you know it. So exciting - can't wait to hear the news!

Reply
avatar
aggiejenn
AUTHOR
8:46 PM delete

That's the same day my sister finds out if she's having a boy or a girl! :-) Can't wait for both of you!!

Reply
avatar
Jill Davis
AUTHOR
8:16 AM delete

How very exciting!! I can't believe that you are almost halfway there either! That is awesome! Let me know asap whether it is a boy or a girl!

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
9:16 PM delete

wow! This IS going fast! The suspense of what you're having is driving me nuts now too! Will it be a friend for Chloe or maybe a boyfriend? Either way, God has the dynamics of your family perfectly planned and I can't wait to see that plan unfold.
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
HappyMama
AUTHOR
10:30 AM delete

Glad your pregnancy is going faster this time around! How exciting that you are almost near the half-way mark, and that you have your BIG ultrasound scheduled. I can't wait to find out what you're having!!

Reply
avatar