I got some sun!!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 7 Comments A+ a-

We just returned from a fast, four-day trip to visit Jon's mom in North Carolina, and I actually have a tan to show for it! It was a great visit, despite the shortness of it. All three brothers were able to go too, which made for some really memorable moments. We spent most days on Lake Norman, which is one of the largest lakes in the United States, and had a ball with the water sports. It even appears that Miss Devyn is quite the water-baby herself, she enjoyed both the boating and swimming immensely! Isn't she just adorable?!
I love the sunglasses!!

Devyn even helped Grandma drive the boat around the lake. She's quite the natural, huh?!

The queen and her subjects, Daddy, Uncle Brock, and Uncle Josh!

Daddy's turn to try out the wakeboard.

Uncle Josh's turn to show-off! It was fun to watch!

And at the end of a long day on the water, there was still energy to paint with Grandma.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
Dana
AUTHOR
2:33 PM delete

YAY you're back! :) good for you!

Reply
avatar
HappyMama
AUTHOR
4:04 PM delete

IT'S GREAT TO SEE YOU BACK!! =) I love the photos...looks like everyone had a real fun time. Thanks for sharing!

Reply
avatar
Jill Davis
AUTHOR
7:43 AM delete

It looks like you had a blast at the lake! I am glad that we can keep in contact this way again!

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
7:52 AM delete

So glad you are back too. Sounds like a great trip. My family did a bit of boating and water skiing when I was young and they are some of my favorite memories (even though I was deathly afraid of water skiing!) And Devyn does look very adorable in those sunglasses. I love her curls.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
4:35 PM delete

Praise the Lord, Jenn! I am so glad you decided to go for it. It broke my heart to think that such evil attacks could have thwarted such a gift. Enjoy your pregnancy! Love, Debbie S.

Reply
avatar
O Mama Mia
AUTHOR
12:34 PM delete

Hunny... where are the bikini belly shots?? Sorry Starlet & I couldn't make it down. :(

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
1:01 PM delete

I just love these pictures. It's so good to see Devyn's cute little face again! :) The picture of her with 3 adoring men surrounding her is precious!

Thanks for your comment on my I’m taking a vacation but my blog is not post. :)

I'm sure your mountain cabin is lovely as well! Share some pictures when you return, will you?

Reply
avatar