Such an Honor

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 3 Comments A+ a-

Our friends, Malisa and Kevin, asked Jon and I to be sponsors for their 7-month-old daughter, Brooklyn Marie. Now, Jon and I aren't of the Lutheran denomination and for those of you who also aren't familiar with the Lutheran faith, sponsors is basically another word for godparents. When Malisa (or Missy) asked us this, needless to say I was both speechless and honored. What a huge priviledge for us! We were happy to say yes and almost two weeks ago, we joined them in the ceremony of Brooklyn's baptism. I'm thrilled that I was able to be a part of her big day, and we will gladly do our part to make sure that Brooklyn Marie knows all about God, Jesus, and the love they have her! Thanks Missy and Kevin; it was a beautiful and special day!

Brooklyn in her baptismal gown; this photo does not do justice to her gorgeous blue eyes!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Jess
AUTHOR
2:47 PM delete

She's so beautiful! But there goes another baby name off my list... DOH!!! I luuuvvv the name "Brooklyn".

Reply
avatar
Tammy
AUTHOR
3:50 PM delete

She's adorable! What an honor to be chosen as her sponsers...
Blessings,
~Tammy

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
10:12 AM delete

Congrats! This is an honor and Brooklyn is adorable!

I'm Godmother to 4 boys (all nephews) and I take that role very seriously.

Reply
avatar