Swims Like a Fish

Friday, June 23, 2006 7 Comments A+ a-

On Wednesday, I took Devyn and my cousin Abby swimming. We would have gone to an outdoor pool but the wind had kicked up and the temperature had dropped a few degrees. However, we all had our heart set on a good swim and we trekked down to the local pool. Now, Devyn and I have been swimming before, so I had some idea what to expect; a lot of splashing, squealing, and timid movements. Not this time...

My daughter officially has no fear of the water. She had an absolute blast with Abby and I, and even by herself at times. She loved putting her face in the water and blowing bubbles, in fact, there was a time or two that I had to pull her out for fear that she was going to accidently drown herself. She bobbed up and down in the water, walking from one end of the baby pool to the other. She squealed when Abby finally came up for air and splashed in her face. She even loved being dunked under water. It was great! When we moved to the bigger, more adult pool, she happily sat in my arms and splashed all in sight. At one point, she'd kick off from my chest and float while holding my hands. A great time was had by all!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
Jess
AUTHOR
7:23 AM delete

Oh fearless!! That's so awesome!! I can't wait to get to VA & get Sophia started in lessons. She loves being in Andy & Sheila's pool, but I want her to have lessons for my own comfort.

Reply
avatar
Dana
AUTHOR
10:39 AM delete

hmmmm sounds like Devyn can do more in a pool then I can... that is one impressive backfloat! Goodness gracious! -I can tell you're smiling even though it's barely a profile, cute!

Reply
avatar
Amy...
AUTHOR
12:13 PM delete

I really enjoy reading your blog! I found your site through FF. I'm a Feb mama as well. You are a great writer...very honest and funny! I look forward to more:)

Reply
avatar
Mary
AUTHOR
3:17 PM delete

That's awesome she's not afraid - I was so scared of water until I was a teenager. I bet she'd do well with swim lessons!

Have a blessed weekend!

Reply
avatar
7:38 PM delete

That is so great! Can't believe her back floating - bath time will never be the same!

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
2:14 PM delete

That's wonderful that she's not afraid of the water or of doing back floats. We've had to work with Snuggle Bug to get over his fear of back floats.

Reply
avatar
Alane
AUTHOR
2:14 PM delete

Hello,
I've been reading your blog for several months now but have never commented...I think I originally found it through your daughter's baby website. You have an absolutely adorable little girl, I love reading about her and getting to watch her grow through the pictures you post. I also love the triumphs, struggles, funny stories, and experiences you share. Congratulations on your expected second baby! God bless!

Reply
avatar