Past, Present, and Future

Friday, June 23, 2006 4 Comments A+ a-

I have a long-time friend, Malisa, who will always be Missy to me. Our parents have been friends since high school youth group days and have stayed in close contact ever since. Since Missy and I are only 9 months apart, it was inevitable that we'd become close friends too. It has been interesting, to say the least, to watch our friendship change over the years. But even more so, it is downright weird to see us both as mothers. We met up with Missy's family last night for a quick get-together and it was a blast watching Devyn and baby Brooklyn together. Hilarious as well, Devyn didn't appreciate Brooklyn pulling her pigtail, despite the fact that Brooklyn had no idea what she was doing as I tried explaining to my upset toddler. She just wouldn't hear of it and refused to sit by her for a spell.

Now I tried to get a photo of Missy and I together as little girls but my parents photo albums are still in boxes, so these individual photos of us, with our sisters, will have to do. But don't you just love the sentiment in the photo involving all of us? Curiosity at it's best!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
8:21 AM delete

Oh Jenn, what a great post! I only hope that our girls have the same friendship that we've been lucky enough to have. Last night was a blast watching our little girls interact. Love you!

Reply
avatar
7:46 PM delete

It is such a blessing to have friendships that span a lifetime. A good reminder to take pictures of my kids with their special friends - fun to look back already and see the changes over time.

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
10:06 PM delete

I love that picture of the four of us. I miss those days sometimes. I can't believe how identical Alli and I used to be. Love you.

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
2:13 PM delete

What neat photos! One of my dear friends, Lori, that I blogged about earlier this week has a little boy who's only a year older than my son. I love the fact that we have our boys in common!

Reply
avatar