Happy Father's Day

Monday, June 19, 2006 7 Comments A+ a-

Jon decided that he had to get to the wilderness this weekend and thus, that's how we spent Father's Day weekend. Every so often, the mountains call Jon's name and its as though he must answer. Granted, I knew how much he loved camping and fishing before I married him, but I had no idea how much we'd be going throughout the summer. I enjoy it for a time too, but seriously, a hot bubble bath and good book is my first choice. My idea of rest and relaxation is having every need met by the staff employed by a hotel on a beach; not chopping wood for the fire and cooking on a tiny stove. *Sigh* It's a good thing I love that man...
One of the many reasons I love living where I do; check out the moose and her baby calf.






Devyn enjoying her time on the campsite.





Special time with Mommy and Daddy. Check out the cuddle with Daddy.









Our family at the campsite. Happy Father's Day, Love!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
Jess
AUTHOR
6:54 AM delete

Aaaaawwwww... great pics, girl! Isn't it amazing the things we endure for the man we love?? Hotels & jetted tubs & masseuses: YES. Streams for baths & trout for breakfast, lunch & dinner: NO. Couldn't agree more with ya!

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
7:19 AM delete

Such great pictures Jenn! I saved the family one to my friends album. I may have to print and frame it. I'm sorry I can't completely relate though, as I actually love roughing it in the outdoors, I guess my dad helped me find the pure joy of it as a young girl, but I will say that if I had my choice, I'd be in a beach front bungalo with all the amenities and services too.
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
11:46 AM delete

I love your family pictures! Fantastic!

Happy Belated Father's Day to you Jon! Hope you had a great day!

Reply
avatar
Jill Davis
AUTHOR
5:54 PM delete

You guys are the cutest family that I have ever seen!!!

Reply
avatar
monica
AUTHOR
5:55 AM delete

OMG that last picture. So sweet. I love it!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
7:24 AM delete

How beautiful...I love seeing the ones of all of you like this!! Please give Jon a big hug from us and let him know what an incredible dad he is...Devyn is truly blessed to have him.
I love you girlie,
Colleen

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
7:26 AM delete

Oh, I just love how Devyn still reaches for 'skin'...how incredibly awesome that is.
She is just toooo sweet.
Colleen

Reply
avatar