Green Around the Gills

Monday, June 26, 2006 11 Comments A+ a-

Well, it happened. Morning sickness reared its ugly head and decided to join me during these next few weeks. I was really hoping that morning sickness would decide to skip me during this pregnancy but apparently I was hoping for too much. Yesterday morning we were late to church due to a "quick" stop for my breakfast upheavel and then last night found me paying respects to the toilet again. When Jon called our pastor to tell them we weren't coming to the couples bible study, our pastor said and I quote, "Don't tell Jenn but I'm SO glad that women carry the babies and not us." Har, har, har!

When I was pregnant with Devyn, I was severely sick during the first trimester. I threw up three to four times a day, every day, until about the 14th or 15th week of pregnancy. I had no idea there were magic pills that helped with the nausea, but I'm very aware of it this time and if I see this pregnancy heading down that road, I'm calling the doctor! The hardest part this time around is finding privacy to throw-up; Devyn wandered into the bathroom last night and started crying with each heave. Poor thing! I think I really scared her, but I know it won't be the last time.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

11 comments

Write comments
Sarah
AUTHOR
7:12 AM delete

I'm so sorry Jenn, it's a bummer isn't it! Get those pills if they're 100% safe, there's nothing worse than throwing up and feeling nausious. I for one could never be bulimic! Have a great monday!
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
Jess
AUTHOR
9:11 AM delete

Yah. I do NOT enjoy the majority of prego symptoms. I'm so sorry for you. I was really hoping this one would be different for you. Prayers, mama!

Reply
avatar
Amy...
AUTHOR
9:42 AM delete

Oh Jenn, I'm so sorry...they're starting for me as well! ~Amy

Reply
avatar
3:18 PM delete

Boy does that ever stink!! That has got to be the yuckiest thing ever! I'm the same way...every pregnancy I'm sick as a dog. Poor little Devyn, too, she doesn't understand what's going on, just that mommy's not okay! How does that pan out for work? When I was pregnant with our first, I was a nanny, so it was a lot easier to run to the bathroom if I needed to.

Praying for you!!!

Reply
avatar
Mary
AUTHOR
3:48 PM delete

Ooooo, I'm so sorry, Jenn. I feel for you - really, really do. But yep, my 13th week it just went away. So thank God for that and look forward to it, right?

Prayers and big hugs to you!

Reply
avatar
Dana
AUTHOR
5:15 PM delete

you're definitely helping my baby fever die down a little--yuck!

Reply
avatar
Katrina
AUTHOR
4:49 AM delete

Aww...you have my sympathy, I know just how you feel. I hope that you have some relief and that it's not as bad for you this time around.

Reply
avatar
8:11 AM delete

Go for whatever it takes to help with the nausea. Don't wait - call now!

Hope you're feeling better today.

Reply
avatar
Tami@ourhouse
AUTHOR
2:07 PM delete

Oh my- I have been there! I have tried to smile while throwing up because my toddler would somehow make it into the bathroom. I would say, "Hi sweetheart! Mommy's just fine!"
I was very sick with all of my pregnancies, but Zofran helped me immensly! Is that the magic pill you are referring to? I loved that stuff!
-Tami

Reply
avatar
monica
AUTHOR
7:21 PM delete

Oh my friend. SO there with you. My beginnings always suck. SUCK! LOL... and my middles and now, the end. LOL.... yeah I'm not a happy preggo woman... love the baby... just not how the renter dwells LOLOL.

Reply
avatar
Jill Davis
AUTHOR
11:15 AM delete

I am so sorry honey! I hope that you are feeling better!

Reply
avatar