At His Feet

Friday, June 30, 2006 6 Comments A+ a-

There are moments in my life when I can feel the presence of God and I’m overcome with emotion. Those are the moments that give me strength and peace to continue in my daily life; an affirmation of how God intended us to live this life. Such a moment was granted to me on Wednesday.

I had just come home from work; Nichole Nordeman was playing on the stereo and Devyn and I were alone, sans the dogs. The sun was streaming through the windows and there was such a peaceful feeling in the air. Suddenly, Nichole’s song, “Gratitude”, started playing.

“We’ll give thanks to you with gratitude
For lessons learned in how to thirst for You
How to bless the very sun that warms our face
If You never send us rain”

As I felt the music and the words wash over my soul, I opened my eyes to see my baby girl, swaying and moving to the music. Tears welled in my eyes as I listened to her off-key singing as she did her best to join the music.

“We’ll give thanks to you with gratitude
A lesson learned to hunger after You
That a starry sky offers a better view
If no roof is overhead
And if we never taste that bread”

As I sat watching the innocence of my daughter, smiling, laughing, and dancing her way through the music; the words were resounding deep in my soul. Suddenly, His presence was all around me, humbling me to my core. Tears streamed down my face as I realized how truly blessed I am; awed at the thought that He calls me Daughter; so very thankful for this moment.

“We’ll give thanks to you with gratitude
For lessons learned in how to trust in You
That we are blessed beyond what we could ever dream
In abundance or in need”

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
9:04 AM delete

A beautifully written entry. I love those moments as well...could it be that in eternity that is how we will feel all the time. Maybe that is His way of giving us the hope we need to carry on until then.

Love you girlie
Colleen

Reply
avatar
Jill Davis
AUTHOR
9:57 AM delete

Aren't those moments just so awesome!?! Thanks for sharing that moment with me!

Love ya!

Reply
avatar
Susie
AUTHOR
1:48 PM delete

Wow. That is so beautiful and awesome and wonderful. Don't you just love it when He gets your attention like that?!

We are so blessed.

Reply
avatar
3:53 PM delete

That is beautiful. What a moment to treasure!

Reply
avatar
Mary
AUTHOR
9:15 PM delete

Amen. Amen.

Reply
avatar
Mrs Blythe
AUTHOR
9:28 AM delete

What a beautiful observation. I love those moments when the wonderful eternity of God's love cascades down and spills out in everlasting love for those we already love to death.

Reply
avatar