You're what?!?

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 6 Comments A+ a-

Yes, that’s right, we’re moving in with my parents. Ahhhhhhh!! We’re moving into their new home at the end of May for six months. We are so thankful that my parents are willing to let us to do this.

The reason behind this madness?! Moving in with them will allow us to pay off ALL debt and save money for a down payment on a home. While it is both humbling and embarrassing to move back in with my parents, I am so excited because this will allow us to have a fresh start financially. Yippee!!!! I’m anxiously looking forward to the day that I write that last check declaring us debt-free; I cannot imagine what that’s going to feel like, knowing that we don’t owe a single person, or bank, anything! While we could buy a home now, even with our current debt, it’s just not the way Jon and I want to do this. We’d much rather buy a house, which is a huge commitment, debt-free and feel that this will work much better for us in the long run.

So, we ask for your prayers as we prepare to move back in with my parents. We ask for patience for us and my parents as we adjust to living under the same roof again. We ask that that God will continue to work in our lives as we face each debt and that we’ll continue to be convicted to make the right decisions where finances are concerned. And last, but not least, that God will both provide us with the right house that is within our price range come November.

A lot of adjustments are taking place in the near future and we’re both excited and nervous about the upcoming changes. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers; they are, and will be, much appreciated!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
Jess
AUTHOR
6:09 PM delete

Oh, BOY!!! Does that mean you get to be FT/ SAHM, too, then??? WOW! Awesome opportunity. Prayers to ya, mamasita!

Reply
avatar
Jennifer
AUTHOR
6:11 PM delete

No, no SAHM in the near-future for this woman. Just an opporunity to become completely debt-free before buying a house and then working our way to become a part-time SAHM. (I'll take what I can get!) =)

Reply
avatar
Dana
AUTHOR
7:34 PM delete

humbling sure--but how many couples our age with children can say they have zero debt?? not many! we can't say that and we have no babies! even responsible debt (cars, school loans) still blows and paying it off is SO tedious. i'd move in with one of our parents in a heart beat to save money... smart move!

Reply
avatar
Susie
AUTHOR
7:39 PM delete

I think that's a really smart move. Many would be too proud to do something like that. Best wishes! :)

Reply
avatar
Jill Davis
AUTHOR
8:08 AM delete

Let me know when you are moving and I might be able to help and maybe Jeremy too, if he isn't working?

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
8:17 AM delete

I'm so proud of you guys Jen. There is absolutely no shame in making changes in your life for the better, to become better stewards of what God has given you. You are an example of humility and vulnerability to be followed and admired. You go guys!
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar