She did what?!

Friday, May 19, 2006 5 Comments A+ a-

I never thought that I’d be one to defend Britney Spears or her mothering skills. After all, there are so many things I dislike about this woman; her beliefs, the way she dresses, the man she chose to marry; her dance moves; her image; and the list goes on. And she has made some really bone-head decisions, like driving off with her son in her lap!

But I honestly have to say that I’m starting to feel sorry for her. I can’t imagine what it would feel like to have cameras and paparazzi following my every move, catching every mistake I made on camera for the whole world to see. I’d be mortified to have some of my not-so-proud-mommy-moments caught on tape. For instance, the time I laid Devyn on the bed so I could throw something away in the kitchen; I turned around just as I watched Devyn fall 2 feet from the bed to the floor; I felt horrible! Imagine if that were caught on tape. I can’t forget the time I was running a bath and didn’t realize that the water was too hot until she started crying. Imagine the headline: "Mom Burns Baby Girl". Or the most recent mishap, where I pinched Devyn’s thigh between the car seat buckles causing her to wail and a very purple bruise to appear.

I’m not saying that Britney is a saint, because we all know she’s anything but a saint, but I do think that a little latitude and grace should be allowed where her mothering skills are concerned. After all, we’ve all made mistakes we’d rather forget and I, for one, feel very fortunate that my "bad" mommy moments weren’t caught on tape!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
Jess
AUTHOR
12:47 PM delete

Sweetheart, you are too kind. You are all to fab Mommy & we all do make lil mistakes. But Brit, dear? She's the reason I sort of support "Licensing Human Reproduction". After all the hoops the SPCA makes us jump thru just to adopt an animal, but people like her are free to reproduce? No way! I don't feel an inkling of sympathy for her. Just her poor child. Go check out www.mamarazzi.org Its a hoot & they snarked dear Brit today.
NEVER NEVER NEVER think you & that half-wit are anywhere near like each other simply b/c she birthed a child. I love you!

Reply
avatar
Jennifer
AUTHOR
12:51 PM delete

=) I just feel bad for her at this point, I can't imagine getting every mothering mistake scrutinized by the whole world! Believe you me, something needs to be done about her pro-creating ways but someone needs to put HIM under the knife too. =)

Reply
avatar
Dana
AUTHOR
12:52 PM delete

i think the most recent britney baby bashing is ridiculous--she stumbled over her pants, who hasn't done it?! yeah she was an idiot for driving with her son like that, but a baby slipping while being put in a high chair and nearly falling out of his mother's arm as she's falling herself... give me a break. these photographers and journalists need to give it a rest. she's like any other new mother trying to figure it out i figure. i don't know... i agree with your post though, i think that was supposed to be the point of this comment.

Reply
avatar
HolyMama!
AUTHOR
12:22 AM delete

you'e right - and she's very new at motherhood. i'm still making mistakes i wouldn't like caught on tape, and i have 4 kids now and a lot more experience than she does. good point.

Reply
avatar
12:31 PM delete

I have done all sorts of stupid things (way too many to mention here!). At least she's out there doing it herself - she could be leaving her baby with a nanny 24/7. A few bruises will heal, but being rejected by a parent is a far worse wound. I only pray she'll figure that one out, too.

Thanks for stopping by my site. Susie is redoing my site too - can't wait!

Reply
avatar