Move-In Day

Monday, May 22, 2006 8 Comments A+ a-

This weekend was the BIG one for my parents; the weekend they were finally able to move into their new home. They started this process in November by putting a contract on the new home and putting our childhood home up for sale and 6 months later they've started a new chapter in their lives. Whoo hooo! It's a little weird seeing them in a new home but I'm so thrilled and happy for them; after all the sacrifices they've made for us, it's wonderful to see them reaping the fruits of their labor. (That was so corny but it's true!) There are still boxes to unpack but the hard part is over. Whew! (Only to be repeated in 2 weeks by yours truly.)
The front of their new home, including the Welcome Home sign from the builder!
The beautiful kitchen that my mother just loves!
The new living room (or great room) with surround sound and new furniture.
The upstairs loft where my sister, Allie, will be congregating most days.
My cousin, Thomas, and Devyn disappeared into a corner during the chaos where Thomas read Devyn a few books. Isn't he cute?!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

8 comments

Write comments
Jill Davis
AUTHOR
8:34 AM delete

Great pics! I am so excited for your parents and I think that you will like it there too. Let me know when things slow down. I miss you.

Reply
avatar
Chad!
AUTHOR
12:10 PM delete

Glad to see the move went alright...:)...I'll be thinking bout you guys as you're getting settled in...I'm sure it'll be an interesting experience!

Reply
avatar
Dana
AUTHOR
1:20 PM delete

yay for your parents! what a nice house!! now i get why you're moving back home--living in luxury! :)

Reply
avatar
Susan
AUTHOR
1:48 PM delete

What a nice house!

Reply
avatar
Jess
AUTHOR
6:06 PM delete

SWEEET! Oh can we puh-leeezz find one like THAT in VB???

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
7:21 AM delete

What a beautiful home! How exciting for them and for you to be enjoying it soon too. I'll be praying that packing and moving goes well for you.

Reply
avatar
10:47 AM delete

What a beautiful home! I am so happy for them. Give your Mom & Dad a hug from me!

Reply
avatar
Overwhelmed!
AUTHOR
4:59 PM delete

What a beautiful home! I'm glad it's finished for them. :)

Reply
avatar