Love Talk Starter

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2 Comments A+ a-

This week's Love Talk Starter is:

"What is a specific way you support your spouse? In other words, how do you show respect, provide a sense of security, encourage, comfort, or show acceptance?"

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

2 comments

Write comments
Dana Glover
AUTHOR
1:48 PM delete

Hmmm...I guess I should ask him how I support him but I try to support him by:
1) Giving him "down" time by letting him ride his motorcycle, work in the garden, watch Nascar races, etc. Anything that allows him to relax.
2) I ask questions about his day and I listen to his answers.
3) I give lots of hugs and back scratches when he's had a rough day.
4) I don't yell at him.

Reply
avatar
Jennifer
AUTHOR
3:50 PM delete

My friend, Sarah, and I were just talking about this the other day. Personally, I make it a point to tell Jon how much I love him, how proud I am of him, and how lucky I am to have him as my husband and as the father of my child, as often as I remember to do it. The smile that spreads across his face is so worth the extra moments it takes to say it. Besides, it's all the truth!

Reply
avatar