Friday, April 21, 2006 4 Comments A+ a-

Music plays a huge role in our family. When we’re driving the commute from home to my parents’ house to work and back again, the music is playing at full volume with all three of us singing and moving to the music. When we’re home and the TV is not on, we’ll have the radio blasting or a favorite CD playing. Even Devyn’s enjoyment of music started as early as when she was in the womb; if the music had a strong, bass beat, you could see Devyn moving to it.

My favorite memories involve designated cleaning days and having the radio set to our favorite country station. I’ll be mid-window cleaning and Jon will grab me into a spin and we’ll spend the next ten minutes dancing to the music. There’s just nothing better than being twirled and swirled by the man you love.

Now that Devyn is mobile and very vocal about her wants and needs, dancing in our house has taken on a whole new meaning. Jon has tried several times to dance with me one-on-one but it’s always met with disapproval from our baby girl. She much prefers being included in all events of the household, including special moments between Mommy and Daddy. Even if she’s in another part of the house, she’ll come running from the other room, squealing the entire way, arms outstretched, and begging to join in the fun.

At that point we’ll try doing the family dance thing, where all three of us boogie to the music but sooner or later, I’ll bow out of the picture and just sit back and enjoy the show. If ever a wife wants to fall in love with her husband all over again, sit back and watch your husband dip and dance with your baby girl. There is nothing that tugs at the heartstrings more than seeing the love between your daughter and her daddy; or seeing the expression of pure joy on your husband’s face as dances his daughter into giggles of happiness. Life sure is sweet!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
Jess
AUTHOR
2:38 PM delete

Amen!!! Sophia luvs to boogie!

Reply
avatar
MamaEscandon
AUTHOR
3:30 PM delete

I think I just cried... that is soo cute! I can not wait to be a mama!

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
9:54 PM delete

Amen from me too, sounds like our evenings to a T! Emma likes to do three-way kisses, she hates it when just Travis and I kiss, just has to get her little lips in there. I love it!
Sarah

Reply
avatar
Mary
AUTHOR
11:52 AM delete

Great new look! Susie did wonderful. I just had her revamp my blog as well! I love your posts!

Have a great weekend. Stop by and see me sometime!

Reply
avatar